Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Different Tint % Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not worry about it too much. I am using Suntek CIR. I have 70 on the front windshield, 40 in the front windows, and 30 on the rest. I have zero visibility issues. But it could vary depending on which brand/type of tint is installed.

From the outside, the top windows will look unchanged.

If you have the time you can always do the sides first, see how dark it looks and then decide on tint level for rest of car (or even skip out on tint). Also give how popular the car is you probably can see some tinted that are similar to your desired config.

It's hard to recommend what shade is right for each client especially since everyone has different levels of eye sights but based off of popular tint setups with our clients, 35% on sides, back (the entire back window), and the sunroof have been the most popular setup.

Check out post #79. I posted a picture of the inside looking out of the back with Photosync 35%.
Vendor - EVS Motors is your exclusive Authorized PhotoSync Window Film Installer & Dealer

Here's a 30% ceramic tint all around.

p2hXIsg.jpg

I was very concerned about visibility issues as well but I can tell you that 35% is nothing compared to the horrible auto-dimming mirrors that Tesla uses (probably same supplier as Mercedes as my wife's C300 is just as bad).

I did Suntek CIR, 80 front, 35 everywhere else.

What’s horrible about the dimming mirrors?

To me they basically remove all contrast except the headlights. Without auto dimming (or back in my Volts auto dimming), I could at least make up car shapes, lanes, vehicle colors etc.

With auto dimming I cant even tell if its a car or a truck. Definitely cant see pedestrians. This is how it is without any tint.