Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Digital clock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my 3rd XLR. I just picked up my 2022 yesterday and am working on familiarizing myself with all the changes. In general, learning curve aside, I like the changes to the interface. One thing I absolutely do NOT like is the apparent removal of the ability to customize what I see on the instrument panel. Not only can't I display the clock, but I can't easily control things like: fan speed, temperature, tire pressure, energy, etc. I have to UNSAFELY take my eyes off the road to look at the main screen and reach over to control my selection.

More extensive voice control would be a big help.

Am I missing something major? Please tell me I am!!!

This is my 3rd XLR. I just picked up my 2022 yesterday and am working on familiarizing myself with all the changes. In general, learning curve aside, I like the changes to the interface. One thing I absolutely do NOT like is the apparent removal of the ability to customize what I see on the instrument panel. Not only can't I display the clock, but I can't easily control things like: fan speed, temperature, tire pressure, energy, etc. I have to UNSAFELY take my eyes off the road to look at the main screen and reach over to control my selection.

More extensive voice control would be a big help.

Am I missing something major? Please tell me I am!!!
No you're not missing something.

The software on the refresh S/X is really half baked.

You can't customize anything on the instrument cluster, you need to either use the main screen or try to use voice controls.