Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed with the D unveiling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha, you beat me to it. I saw this listed at the top of "What's New" and thought, oh yeah, that D event.... I was there, I attended, and even I forgot about it..... I guess TMC has not...

I agree, I can't believe this thread is still going on. Don't buy anything that has technology if you're going to whine that technology has just made an advancement on you. I never heard any Roadster owner ever complain about the changes that occurred between the 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5 cars.

I'm just guessing that once something goes into the masses you get all types of people, those who want to stop time after they made their purchase.

Also if you work for a tech company, you can't tell people in advance that you're releasing some new technology. Yes, that'd be great if you were going to buy their product before the release to wait, but if they did, they would not have a competitive edge. But most importantly the release drives up the value of the company. They don't do it to drive the value up in particular, but to protect their investment in the research and development of the technology. Get with the times people, we've been deep within technology for a while so get use to it and its life-cycle..

Bottom line, get over it already. If you don't like it, live and learn.

Well, that gives us a data point, at least. Have you ever heard from Tesla following your letter to ownership? Mine produced no reaction so far, even after I mentioned it in the ownership quality poll they sent to me (I believe these two evens are unrelated).

No reaction to this specific issue. Though my discussion with my Owner Advisor today was very conciliatory over the situation. I'm not going to chase them on the issue, I've solved it.

Hey Breser... congrats on pulling the trigger to get the newer model. I was wondering if you were going to actually do it or not. I too pulled the trigger with my 14 day old P85 and my offer was actually pretty good from Tesla. I didn't bother with the form on the web page and actually called my owner advisor and he got back to me with an offer really quick. I too had to eat my paint protection and tint but I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

Worst part besides the whole waiting game again is going back to the pumps. Just two weeks of avoiding them was pure bliss.

Yeah I was surprised to see you do that. I remember you posted saying you wouldn't and then I saw you had.

Not really looking forward to the 4 months, since I've decided to go with an 85D. I'm justifying at least part of this change with the intention possibly of dumping my 4x4 F150 that only really gets driven in the winter. Based on the past few weeks with the vehicle I'm not overly concerned with having it as our only vehicle. Before this experience I would have liked to do that but was cautious about the idea.