Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the Maxipider on Amazon and they seem to fit 2021. The only spot that seems off is the top right of the passenger side.

85682850-68A8-447F-9A5D-91C85C5C322C.jpeg
ED9C0A82-2486-46F9-B5CA-6068AF47276D.jpeg
EB34D787-DEF9-4CF9-A3BC-8D86EC55AFDE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: pg62
Model 3 Lovers, We Want Your Opinions!

Introducing T Shields 3D Tesla Model 3 Floor Mats

Year/Model: 2017-2021 Model 3

Trim: Standard, Standard Range Plus, Performance and Long Range series

Warranty: Lifetime Guaranteed

Our team at T Shields has created a product with a custom fit to provide 25% more coverage than any of our leading competitors. No slip surface of the mat ensures foot traction on the mat in all conditions and grips on the bottom make sure once they’re in they stay, no more sliding floppy mats.

High quality triple layer TPR & XPE rubber will protect your Model 3’s interior floor from rain, dust, dirt, snow, coffee, clumsy friends & kids. Quick and easy to install, remove and clean, our logo-free mats keep your Tesla factory clean without sacrificing style.

We’re always looking for ways to improve and made this post to open it up to your feedback, comments, concerns, suggestions. Start a conversation with us or reply here.

Shop | www.teslashields.com

Connect | FB – Instagram | @Teslashields

Pretty much the same results as @pg62
I’ve compared both the 3D and the Tesla one before install. The Tesla one seems more heavy duty but driver left foot lack of coverage. Overall, it seems like the 3D has more coverage.
Some people said the Tesla ones are now $260 vs $195. When I ordered them last week, they were $195 and today they are $260. I don’t get it.

D471A55A-2D8E-4071-A588-282404762249.jpeg
FD2C3A02-8A19-4362-94A1-CBB36F3C8420.jpeg
DF56CDA7-88FA-405D-92CA-5E3C7B70C27E.jpeg

Reactions: pg62
Ordered from RPM Tesla and my passenger side mat does not fit. The driver side fit fine but when I put the passenger one in it constantly creased and I couldn’t get it to sit right. I do not believe these are designed for the 2021 yet

I have reached out to rpmtesla to get some more information/figure out next steps

Attachments

• 5E2D0A20-9C29-4A43-8C36-FEE8D4812C1E.jpeg
    5E2D0A20-9C29-4A43-8C36-FEE8D4812C1E.jpeg
    826.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 32530681-8DCA-4F07-8AB7-EAE977A0E7D5.jpeg
    32530681-8DCA-4F07-8AB7-EAE977A0E7D5.jpeg
    869.3 KB · Views: 83
  • A0E7B05F-DAF3-4783-9293-311EE0B7EE00.jpeg
    A0E7B05F-DAF3-4783-9293-311EE0B7EE00.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
Ordered from RPM Tesla and my passenger side mat does not fit. The driver side fit fine but when I put the passenger one in it constantly creased and I couldn’t get it to sit right. I do not believe these are designed for the 2021 yet

I have reached out to rpmtesla to get some more information/figure out next steps

Damn, that sucks. Stupid question, you ordered the option Aug 2020-2021 ones right? Those are the ones I ordered and installed.

I just got a set of 3D MAXpider Kagu series from Amazon for my 2021 Model 3 - is that the one you guys are talking about? I just got them this afternoon, and installed them in my garage, but haven't really had time to mess around much; however, at first the passenger side didn't seem to fit at all. It wasn't down all the way and didn't look good, but I kept pushing them forward a little at a time, and now they seem to fit pretty well, although maybe not 100% perfect. I intend to take the car outside tomorrow, look at it better, and see if I can make any adjustments.

The thing is, it seemed right when I first put it in, but slightly moving it forward by pulling back on the top to make it easier seemed to help a lot. I got it slightly cheaper, and faster, by getting a return (I think) which was still Amazon Prime. They looked brand new to me, even has the plastic film over the logos.

They looked kind of gray, but I'll see how it looks outside. I can post pictures afterwards if anyone is interested.

I checked the Tesla store, and they were $195. I'm wondering if I should have bought them instead. I suppose I still can, but I thought these might be nicer looking.

I just got a set of 3D MAXpider Kagu series from Amazon for my 2021 Model 3 - is that the one you guys are talking about? I just got them this afternoon, and installed them in my garage, but haven't really had time to mess around much; however, at first the passenger side didn't seem to fit at all. It wasn't down all the way and didn't look good, but I kept pushing them forward a little at a time, and now they seem to fit pretty well, although maybe not 100% perfect. I intend to take the car outside tomorrow, look at it better, and see if I can make any adjustments.

The thing is, it seemed right when I first put it in, but slightly moving it forward by pulling back on the top to make it easier seemed to help a lot. I got it slightly cheaper, and faster, by getting a return (I think) which was still Amazon Prime. They looked brand new to me, even has the plastic film over the logos.

This is exactly what is happening to me. Ive had the 3D maxpiders in previous Tesla's with 0 issues. However in the 2021 model 3, the passenger side just is not fitting right.

I dont know if its the resellers falsely claiming that they are designed for 2021 or if the manufacturer did not actually measure a 2021 before producing. Either way, something is off with these. It shouldnt take a PHD to put in a floor mat correctly.

Well, they advertised it for late 2020 and 2021. But I've slowly adjusted it forward and back, and it's always a bit off. Maybe not immediately noticeable to most people, but there always seems to be some space underneath, and/or a slight crease on the left where it bends up.

Has anyone seen the Tesla ones? I'm tempted to just order from them. $195, but they don't specify a year. Is their style universal, perhaps?

Just visited the RPM site, and I noticed this for the mats, which seems to imply that the only difference is the frunk size. So the problem with the passenger side fit must be something besides an incompatible year. Perhaps that's why the Tesla store doesn't differentiate years for the inside mats.

Note: All Model 3's Made in August of 2020 and after will require a different size Frunk Mat, and once 3D MAXpider produces them, we will be shipping them out to you. Be sure to select Model Year "August 20-21" from the pull down menu. Again the frunk size has changed in August 2020 so you need to look inside your frunk to confirm when your Model 3 was built. There are 2 open bolt holes on the right and left side on the upper part of your tub, and if you have round open holes then you have the new frunk and you need to select "August 20-21" from the Model Year Pull down tab. If you have the plastic holding clips your Model 3 was made before August 2020, and if you have the rectangular open bolt holes without the plastic holding clips, you have the older Model 3.

ORDERING OPTIONS & PRICING

Option 1: $ 179 - 3 Pieces, (2 front pieces & 1 for the back seat)