Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my 2021 Model 3 Tesla Shields mats yesterday. Although it took a while to receive them since I ordered around the time they first announced them, they were good at keeping me in the loop as to the status. Super high quality and fit like a glove. Highly recommended.

Reactions: tshields
Received in my Tesla Shield mats earlier this week as well. I was surprised since I was never supplied any track info and was never told they had shipped out. They fit well, although the passenger side was a little wonky. Maybe it'll take some time to settle in? I have a 21 model.

I'm *REALLY* impressed with the fit and quality of the ones I ordered from 3D Mats for the interior of my Model Y. For the trunk, I used a WeatherTech mat. Nothing in the frunk or "under trunk" yet.

I originally bought Tesmanian, which turned out to be pretty cheap, poor fitting, chinese rubber mats. At least one of them (maybe more) had that really toxic-smelling recycled plastic/rubber that the cheaper chinese products often use.

They were, frankly, unusable, and with some difficulty, I managed to return them. It was a lot of drama getting them to reply and then arranging for the return. They appear to use some motorcycle company in Pomona, CA as a third-party front for U.S. sales.

Reactions: Ron_M3
Received in my Tesla Shield mats earlier this week as well. I was surprised since I was never supplied any track info and was never told they had shipped out. They fit well, although the passenger side was a little wonky. Maybe it'll take some time to settle in? I have a 21 model.
Hello,

Keep me in the loop regarding the passenger side please. [email protected] :)

Just sent you an email with some photos. Doesn't seem to fit quite like I expected. Good thing is it's the passenger side so I almost never see it... but still.
Got it. We're keeping an eye on how many people have issues with that passenger mat. I have only had a couple reports so far out of hundreds of mats sent out, so it might be just an issue with manufacturing variance by Tesla or even issues with the way it was shipped/packed.

Keep me updated on how the mat settles, and we'll see if this is something we can correct for you in the near future.

Got it. We're keeping an eye on how many people have issues with that passenger mat. I have only had a couple reports so far out of hundreds of mats sent out, so it might be just an issue with manufacturing variance by Tesla or even issues with the way it was shipped/packed.

Keep me updated on how the mat settles, and we'll see if this is something we can correct for you in the near future.
I seem to remember reading one of the other popular mat vendors sent out something with their 2021 Model 3 Tesla mats saying the carpeting on the passenger side, against the center tunnel, needs to be pushed in a bit to get their mats to fit right. Not sure if this is the case or not, but this might explain why some people (like me) say the new Tesla Shield passenger mat fits fine and others have an issue.

I seem to remember reading one of the other popular mat vendors sent out something with their 2021 Model 3 Tesla mats saying the carpeting on the passenger side, against the center tunnel, needs to be pushed in a bit to get their mats to fit right. Not sure if this is the case or not, but this might explain why some people (like me) say the new Tesla Shield passenger mat fits fine and others have an issue.
Could very well be the case. I am currently so swamped I have barely left my house, or I would be able to do a more thorough testing of this.
Once I get through every order and customer request and get some breathing room I will investigate potential reasons. I only have so many hours in the day but I'm working for two right now. lmao

Reactions: Ron_M3
Same results here for my 2021 Model 3P, Driver side perfect fit, Passenger side not so perfect, in fact this has a gap worst than the 3D Maxpyder that I returned. Rear mat perfect fit and better than the 3D Maxpyder, only problem is when the way they shipped caused a creased down the middle of the rear mat.

Overall I like TShields better than the 3D Maxpyder, hated that huge logo, the back mat covers the area better but I don't know why they have such a hard time with the passenger seat mat. This one has a gap on the left side the 3Dmax I had issues with the right side.

Same results here for my 2021 Model 3P, Driver side perfect fit, Passenger side not so perfect, in fact this has a gap worst than the 3D Maxpyder that I returned. Rear mat perfect fit and better than the 3D Maxpyder, only problem is when the way they shipped caused a creased down the middle of the rear mat.

Overall I like TShields better than the 3D Maxpyder, hated that huge logo, the back mat covers the area better but I don't know why they have such a hard time with the passenger seat mat. This one has a gap on the left side the 3Dmax I had issues with the right side.
Honestly I chalk it up to Tesla manufacturing variances. No two Tesla measure the same, like snowflakes or something. But if enough people message me with a similar area of issue, maybe I can reverse trace the production dates and figure a solution for those specific models?

Got my Tshields last week. Fronts seem to fit fine after pushing them in to all the spaces by hand. Only thing about the back as others have stated is the permanent crease down the middle of the mat from the way it's boxed.
We're addressing that issue with fulfillment and they are proposing solutions. I will speak with our factory to see if there may be a trick to fix the crease.