Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion for Model S owners considering moving into a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original plan was to wait for the Model 3 with AWD and the performance model. Coming from a BMW M3, I prefer the smaller, more nimble, more tossable handling of a smaller, lighter car. Being more affordable than the AWD performance S is also nice.
Then we unexpectedly got pregnant with our 4th child. My wife's ICE SUV is the main family car, but there are times here and there that I need to fit all the kids in my car. So I sold the my BMW and picked up a used P85D. With a 7 year old, 5yo, 2yo, and newborn, the S with the rear facing trunk seats is perfect for me now. I don't need/want a bigger car or an SUV. Once the older kids are too big for the trunk seats, the younger ones will just be big enough for it, so I will be set for quite a while. I do miss the more nimble handling (and the manual transmission and the intoxicating exhaust note :) ) of my prior M3, but my P85D with the + suspension does handle very well, and the acceleration is amazing. I still would prefer the smaller size of the Model 3, but with my needs, it is what it is, and I am extremely happy with what I have. I do also like the design of the Model S better, especially the front end and the dual screens inside.

Now, if I could only get wk057, or some other aftermarket source, to add the Ludicrous option to my car since Tesla no longer offers it, it would be perfect!