Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 Price reductions - Jan / April / Oct 2023 and all other pricing discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have an SR/SR+ then it’s probably only a few thousand out of pocket to upgrade after the credits and rebates, especially if you find an inventory car that’s a couple thousand off MSRP. The LFP battery will give you significantly more usable range so that might be worth it.

Otherwise not much difference between 2020 and 2023. A little but more range and some small things like heat pump, Ryzen chip, power trunk.

Get a trade in quote for your current car and crunch the numbers to see if it makes sense or not. But at the same time if none of the new features are a big deal to you then you’re not going to notice much difference upgrading.

If you have an SR/SR+ then it’s probably only a few thousand out of pocket to upgrade after the credits and rebates, especially if you find an inventory car that’s a couple thousand off MSRP. The LFP battery will give you significantly more usable range so that might be worth it.

Otherwise not much difference between 2020 and 2023. A little but more range and some small things like heat pump, Ryzen chip, power trunk.

Get a trade in quote for your current car and crunch the numbers to see if it makes sense or not. But at the same time if none of the new features are a big deal to you then you’re not going to notice much difference upgrading.
Thanks for the input. I've got the Dual Motor / Long Range w/55K miles. Was just thinking it might be a good way to get a "fresh" car without too much difference in "out of pocket" if the incentives apply.

Thanks man, I appreciate the info.

What do you all think would be incentives prior to end of Q3 to push inventory out the door?

With Highland coming soon, I'm still waiting until Q3 comes near an end (mid to late september) and hopefully we can see some more price slashes (on existing inventory) before I pull trigger on a new M3.

There's a local inventory at my Tesla dealer priced at just under 38k....so that's almost 30k for a brand new base white M3 with the tax credit. Unfortuantely my state doesn't have any other EV tax credits so the feds are all I got.

If the numbers work out to where it's under 30k for an effective price for a new M3, then I'll be more interested. Might need to wait until Q4...but I figure with Highland coming out it could be the perfect storm to snatch up a deeply discount pre-Highland, existing inventory new M3....thoughts?

What do you all think would be incentives prior to end of Q3 to push inventory out the door?

With Highland coming soon, I'm still waiting until Q3 comes near an end (mid to late september) and hopefully we can see some more price slashes (on existing inventory) before I pull trigger on a new M3.

There's a local inventory at my Tesla dealer priced at just under 38k....so that's almost 30k for a brand new base white M3 with the tax credit. Unfortuantely my state doesn't have any other EV tax credits so the feds are all I got.

If the numbers work out to where it's under 30k for an effective price for a new M3, then I'll be more interested. Might need to wait until Q4...but I figure with Highland coming out it could be the perfect storm to snatch up a deeply discount pre-Highland, existing inventory new M3....thoughts?
My thoughts? Sure, why not. That being said, you will have the first-generation M3, versus the newer Highland. This could be preferable for some as Highland may have the yoke and screen-based gear shifters, which some hate.

To those who can afford, anyone planning to use the rebates to stay current and trade in switch every year? It's cheaper than leasing for sure.
In my case. Got 2022 RWD M3 last year, took the IL $4k rebate but there was no Fed $7.5k rebate at that time, then massive price cut, now maybe worth $30k . Now there is no IL rebate, but I can get the $7.5k Fed rebate, so I can switch now for maybe $4k extra (after fed rebate), then in Jan when highland comes, I can switch to that taking the point-of-sale credit and so on repeat every year as needed to stay current and keep depreciation losses as low as possible. Any tips, gotchas on this strategy. Thanks

Reactions: EatsShoots
I’m on the bottom
1690511991825.png