Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Powerwall 3 [Speculation / Discussion etc]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where's the advantage of being able to drain the entire battery pack in 1 hour and 10 minutes vs 1 hour and 25 minutes? (Just guessing on time) or is it just so when your ac or dryer kicks on the lights dim less?
Being able to start up more AC / Well Pump type systems etc, without things like soft starts installed.

To my knowledge tesla won't install 1 powerwall anymore, 2 minimum

Thats a very bold statement, so do you have something stating that somewhere in writing? Remember, these are construction projects, so just because they tell one person "we wont install 1 powerwall with your install" it absolutely, does not mean they wont do it in another set of circumstances.

An example of that would be someone trying to get one powerwall with 10+kW of PV. Tesla likely wouldnt do that install, but that absolutely doesnt mean "tesla doesnt do 1 powerwall installs anymore".

So, can you provide some corroboration for this statement?

Reactions: jgleigh
Thats a very bold statement, so do you have something stating that somewhere in writing? Remember, these are construction projects, so just because they tell one person "we wont install 1 powerwall with your install" it absolutely, does not mean they wont do it in another set of circumstances.

An example of that would be someone trying to get one powerwall with 10+kW of PV. Tesla likely wouldnt do that install, but that absolutely doesnt mean "tesla doesnt do 1 powerwall installs anymore".

So, can you provide some corroboration for this statement?
No, it's not a bold statement. It could be outdated.
And no I will not provide any concrete information on that because again it could be outdated.
I bought my powerwall 2 late 2018 for $5500 (11000 installed) and I only purchased one, and I remember to try to reduce demand tesla made a 2 powerwall minimum for a while along with raising the price to 6500 per powerwall. And I've never read or cared about them removing that restriction since, except them raising the price to 7500

No, it's not a bold statement. It could be outdated.
And no I will not provide any concrete information on that because again it could be outdated.
I bought my powerwall 2 late 2018 for $5500 (11000 installed) and I only purchased one, and I remember to try to reduce demand tesla made a 2 powerwall minimum for a while along with raising the price to 6500 per powerwall. And I've never read or cared about them removing that restriction since, except them raising the price to 7500

I have been following powerwalls since 2019, and there wasnt any 2 powerwall minimum at any point from 2019 to now, so perhaps there was from 2018 to 2019. I do remember specifically a time when tesla would not sell powerwall installs without solar at all, starting sometime in late 2020 or so.

There is a pretty large difference in "When I installed my powerwalls in 2018 I remember they wouldnt install less than 2" and "Tesla wont install 1 powerwall, 2 minimum. One has a date qualifier and a time frame, and the other, with no other qualifications, is talking about "right now".

I have been following powerwalls since 2019, and there wasnt any 2 powerwall minimum at any point from 2019 to now, so perhaps there was from 2018 to 2019. I do remember specifically a time when tesla would not sell powerwall installs without solar at all, starting sometime in late 2020 or so.

There is a pretty large difference in "When I installed my powerwalls in 2018 I remember they wouldnt install less than 2" and "Tesla wont install 1 powerwall, 2 minimum. One has a date qualifier and a time frame, and the other, with no other qualifications, is talking about "right now".
Whatever makes you feel better 👍
There was never an announcement. They just wouldn't let you order 1 for a period of time. The install for 1 is different than 2+ and I really wish I had 2+ for my system because things need to change to add another one now.
Maybe their install methods have changed between then and now, that's kind of impossible to keep up with unless you know people getting the exact specific installs and how much training the installer has.
One of my buddies had his solar+batteries installed and the readers that detect house power usage he was told they can't be installed at the meter, so now it doesn't read anything from the non backup panel.
The installer told him it can be done over the phone later, but it was their company policy to not do it.