Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Powerwall 3 [Speculation / Discussion etc]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this has been posted yet. Here's the PW3 spec sheet from my install.

CleanShot 2024-01-01 at 13.41.48@2x.png

That looks like unprotected cable (service cable?) coming out of the gateway, but what do I know?
Installation of exposed electrical cable (be it on the utility side of the service disconnect, or the house side) is allowed under the NEC unless it is "exposed to physical damage". Much of the US (most of the East, I think) considers an install like that not to be "exposed to physical damage." On the West Coast apparently it is common for jurisdictions to consider any exposed cable like that "subject to physical damage." I guess we get a lot more axe-crazy passersby. : - )

Cheers, Wayne

Installation of exposed electrical cable (be it on the utility side of the service disconnect, or the house side) is allowed under the NEC unless it is "exposed to physical damage". Much of the US (most of the East, I think) considers an install like that not to be "exposed to physical damage." On the West Coast apparently it is common for jurisdictions to consider any exposed cable like that "subject to physical damage." I guess we get a lot more axe-crazy passersby. : - )

Cheers, Wayne

Wow, I learned something here. I haven't seen our larger cables be sunlight resistant, but I am sure that is available, since we see it here.

Cheers, Wayne
Thanks! This is the sort of thing that just fascinates me...

My powerwall 3s.
Congratulations on the install.

Can I ask a question, or two? I'm not an electrician, but I am interested in how things are wired in different areas. Has that been passed by the building inspector? That looks like unprotected cable (service cable?) coming out of the gateway, but what do I know?

All the best,

BG
The county passed it, but the power company hasn't come out yet.

• Informative
Reactions: BGbreeder
Do any of you with Powerwall 3s know how to connect to them via the Netzero app?

Tesla seems to have disabled the Gateway API on PW3, so the gateway screen in the app won't work unfortunately. If someone with a PW3 can confirm that the Tesla One (formerly Tesla Pros) app works, I can add support for that new API in the Netzero app.

Reactions: Grayson73
The PW3s are completely open on the bottom and will allow for pests wasps and whatever to easily get up in there, especially with the heat sink grooves. Any ideas on a mesh or something to put in there?
It looks like there is a factory screen that covers this area. I wouldnt add anything for pest abatement.

The installers just hadn't installed it yet in your pictures.

Yes, you can log into the PW3 with the Tesla One app.

Thanks for confirming. I'm able to get that data now, so should have an updated Netzero app soon.

I'm curious, how did you connect your PW3 to the Tesla One app? With a gateway or PW+ you'd scan the QR code behind the door, but from what I've seen PW3 has the QR code behind the door that's not easily detachable.