Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disneyland Paris

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a look but most of the other threads related to Disneyland were in french...

So has anyone from the UK visited Disneyland Paris with your Tesla? I get that the Disney hotels don't seem to have electric charging so any recommendations on nearby chargers which preferably don't need pre-registered accounts with a french network.

Also more generally, do you need the light deflectors on model 3 for driving in France?

I had a look but most of the other threads related to Disneyland were in french...

So has anyone from the UK visited Disneyland Paris with your Tesla? I get that the Disney hotels don't seem to have electric charging so any recommendations on nearby chargers which preferably don't need pre-registered accounts with a french network.

Also more generally, do you need the light deflectors on model 3 for driving in France?

Hi, depending on the hotel, some have granny cable plugs, Disneyland hotel has a couple of those, but obviously very slow. There is also a supercharger not far. Which I'm sure you can see on the map.

I have a model 3 and e-golf. on the e-golf you can change the lights to left hand drive, I believe you can do something like that with the Tesla too, I keep meaning to look it up...

I would say don't rely on French charging stations, they are a nightmare, so either use a destination charger (Type-2 or Granny) or the superchargers.

If you plan to drive into Paris, you can get a congestion charge exempt thing
https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/demande-ext/cgu but need to order in advance, I'll see if I can find the link again. Obviously don't forget the usual hi viz, bulbs, breatherliser etc.

I also have a Schuko Adapter Schuko Adapter but with teslas and all the superchargers a little OTT, but coming from an E-Golf I keep my options at a max lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Alistairuk
There are 8 superchargers at the Novotel in Marne La Vallée 15 mins from where the park is located - you don't need to be staying there to use them.

No, you don't need deflectors, you don't need a breathalyser and you don't really need bulbs but just put any old ones in the glovebox if it makes you feel a bit more confident.
You DO need, warning triangle, yellow vest (driver only) driving licence and insurance docs. Not sure what else may be required after Dec 31.

Marne-la-Vallée Supercharger | Tesla France

P 59. UK User Manual
Headlight Adjustments
To adjust the angle of the headlights, touch Controls > Service > Adjust Headlights, then follow the onscreen instructions. You can choose which headlight you would like to adjust by selecting it on the touchscreen.
NOTE: Headlights do not require adjustments when temporarily driving into a region where the traffic traffic direction is different different (for example, driving in right-hand traffic traffic region, and then driving into a region with left-hand traffic).

Last edited:

Better idea. Park FREE at Frethun and take the train.

Better idea. Park FREE at Frethun and take the train.
If they decide to stop at a Disney hotel parking is free anyway. ;)

We did the trip last December, and charged at the Channel Tunnel. In France we broke the journey at Senlis and charged there.

At Disney we stopped at Camp Davey Crockett and parked outside the lodge, so I put the cable through the bedroom window and topped up with Mickey Mouse electricity each night.

Hi, depending on the hotel, some have granny cable plugs, Disneyland hotel has a couple of those, but obviously very slow. There is also a supercharger not far. Which I'm sure you can see on the map.

I have a model 3 and e-golf. on the e-golf you can change the lights to left hand drive, I believe you can do something like that with the Tesla too, I keep meaning to look it up...

I would say don't rely on French charging stations, they are a nightmare, so either use a destination charger (Type-2 or Granny) or the superchargers.

Cheers - looking at the easiest route from Calais I'm going to have to charge en route regardless (I have SR+) so I guess down the A24 then A4 which means ill prob have to head to the one that Sparkeur pointed out despite it being past where I need to go to fill up since the there is annoyingly a lack of superchargers on that route :)

There are 8 superchargers at the Novotel in Marne La Vallée 15 mins from where the park is located - you don't need to be staying there to use them.

No, you don't need deflectors, you don't need a breathalyser and you don't really need bulbs but just put any old ones in the glovebox if it makes you feel a bit more confident.
You DO need, warning triangle, yellow vest (driver only) driving licence and insurance docs. Not sure what else may be required after Dec 31.

Marne-la-Vallée Supercharger | Tesla France

P 59. UK User Manual
Headlight Adjustments
To adjust the angle of the headlights, touch Controls > Service > Adjust Headlights, then follow the onscreen instructions. You can choose which headlight you would like to adjust by selecting it on the touchscreen.
NOTE: Headlights do not require adjustments when temporarily driving into a region where the traffic traffic direction is different different (for example, driving in right-hand traffic traffic region, and then driving into a region with left-hand traffic).

Cheers, yep I had seen that one, was hoping there might have been an easy to use one closer to the parks, but good to know that it's only around 15 mins away. I wonder if the wording in the manual implies the lights will adjust automatically when you change the region? or am I being too optimistic.

If they decide to stop at a Disney hotel parking is free anyway. ;)

We did the trip last December, and charged at the Channel Tunnel. In France we broke the journey at Senlis and charged there.

At Disney we stopped at Camp Davey Crockett and parked outside the lodge, so I put the cable through the bedroom window and topped up with Mickey Mouse electricity each night.

Yer we'll be at a Disney Hotel - might consider Davey Crockett Ranch then as if I leave it plugged in overnight over the two days it might avoid the need to go to the supercharger at Marne-la-Vallee.

I wonder if the wording in the manual implies the lights will adjust automatically when you change the region? or am I being too optimistic.
The service team at Stockport told me that the Model 3 lights are a “flat-beam” design, and don’t need altering.

Camp Davey Crocket was fairly cheap, and convenient if you don’t mind driving to the park, but the actual lodges have seen better days. I don’t think they’ve been updated since it opened. I believe they are going to replace/update the lodges soon, but I doubt anything will have happened this year. Everything was functional, but tired. Think caravan rather than luxury lodge!

So after successend of last year I will be taking a trip back to DLP - annoyingly after 28th September when the “GB” plates / stickers are no longer valid - quite why they felt the need to change them to UK I have no idea but anyway, I’m stuck with this problem….

I really don’t want to have to use a UK sticker but so far I can’t find any magnetic UK ones!

Has anyone had any luck finding UK stickers / magnetic plates?

So after successend of last year I will be taking a trip back to DLP - annoyingly after 28th September when the “GB” plates / stickers are no longer valid - quite why they felt the need to change them to UK I have no idea but anyway, I’m stuck with this problem….

I really don’t want to have to use a UK sticker but so far I can’t find any magnetic UK ones!

Third ad along is magnetic

UK stickers magnetic - Google Search

I’ve had GB side stickers on my stick-on plates for a good while, but with the new U.K. sticker rules, and the green EV plates change, I’ve bought these new stickers. I’ve not applied them yet, but once I do I’ll post a photo.

UK Green EV / Electric - Car Number Plate Sticker UNION JACK NO EU GB BREXIT | eBay

As far as I can see on the UK Gov site, you don't need to remove or change GB number plates, just also have a UK badge or sticker as well. Bottom of the window seems fine.

On or after 28 September 2021​

You will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

• a GB identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack)
  • a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only - no flag or identifier

I’ve had GB side stickers on my stick-on plates for a good while, but with the new U.K. sticker rules, and the green EV plates change, I’ve bought these new stickers. I’ve not applied them yet, but once I do I’ll post a photo.

UK Green EV / Electric - Car Number Plate Sticker UNION JACK NO EU GB BREXIT | eBay
That might actually be an idea to try, let me know if the green covers all the blue as that little border would probably annoy me!

As far as I can see on the UK Gov site, you don't need to remove or change GB number plates, just also have a UK badge or sticker as well. Bottom of the window seems fine.

On or after 28 September 2021​

You will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

• a GB identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack)
  • a Euro symbol
  • a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
  • numbers and letters only - no flag or identifier
Yes that was my understanding, my main issue is I don't want to have to stick a sticker on my car as mine has the Euro stars with GB below it (while I'm not into spending hours each week keeping my car clean, having to stick a sticker on it will annoy me :))

For now I've ordered a GB magnetic one and I'll just stick the UK sticker over the magnet and take a stick on one as backup incase the magnet goes missing - I was just annoyed and surprised that everywhere is still making and selling the GB ones (RAC/AA included) - with pretty much no one producing UK ones, I would of thought they'd of all been trying to cash in on it by being the first!

I do wonder how many people will be caught out (and if the French will actually enforce it) since I only found out about it from my insurance company when checking my insurance was valid for Europe without the so called green card this year!

I'm going on the 27th so will be over there when it comes into force :) Just don't wan't to get a fine!

Photos as promised. Quite pleased for thirty bob. :cool:

9620EA87-C217-499D-A0CD-ABB74D157232.jpeg

2F979828-8592-4840-8E64-C97DD49DD4A7.jpeg

you're not allowed to bring milk from UK now, yeah right, the French couldn't care less and as for covid checks at Dover, well a cursory wave of the vaccine passport from inside the car (no way could they read the name) and no check for the 'sworn statement' either - it's really a box ticking exercise. The amount of UK cars i've seen without even a GB sticker let alone a UK one clearly shows the French just aren't bothered. Not seen a single Gendarme yet either

Last edited by a moderator: