Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Display of music or bluetooth on screen after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the latest update last night. Today I noticed I can no longer keep spotify, bluetooth or any player on the screen now. Use to be it would show you what is playing and such under the map. Now when you minimize say spotify it just goes away. The old GUI let you have it at the bottom along with what is coming up next and so on. Anyone else notice this? Maybe its a setting now that I don't know about, but just haven't found?

Reactions: fiatlux
I haven't gotten an update yet, so not really sure what I'm talking about, but if true, this is going to be a real bummer.

My wife's Android Auto only shows the song title when the song first starts playing, and then boom, it disappears. Yet another reason I don't understand why people so love AA. With this report, I see that Tesla is removing yet another advantage of their proprietary system.

The old music media view is gone. Music player has been moved in the bottom left corner now. You can raise it and it will tell you what's coming up next, etc but after a period of time it moves back down to the regular media view. I liked it better the way it was before as the new location blocks the garage opener controls from popping up when getting close to your house which was an excellent feature. I'm happy about the inclusion of Apple Music but otherwise this update has been a bit of a step back as far as the interface goes. I just don't understand why they don't let you drag the media interface to the other side. It's not like it's a hardware limitation as Tesla just doesn't want you to to have any level of customization to your liking.

This is a real bummer. There was no need to do this. It worked great just like it was. I'm not sure what the reason was behind this. I listen to lots of podcasts and it was great easily see time left and next podcast coming up. I saw the media on left side when I got in then it dropped down but swiping up pulled the temp up. Probably just grabbed wrong place. This is one update I really wish they would back rev.

Yeah the audio player banner is horrible now. Why move it to a place that is blocked when your hands are on the steering wheel …?
So stupid and unnecessary that they keep making these dumb changes..
It really detracts from any joy of owning the car.
At the very least make it optional to move it back to the old location. I don't know why Tesla doesn't afford users the options to revert back seeing there's no good reason not to.

Noticed the missing music info bar yesterday. Found a new icon in the bottom row of Icons, to the right of the drivers heat controls. It is a music note icon. Touching this popped up the music info bar (what is playing, skip forward, pause, etc) on the left side as described by others. It stayed active and did not auto go down, but the music note icon blanked out. To remove the this music info bar, drag it down, and the music note icon reappears. My major problem is that the HomeLink controls for manual closing the garage door, or to skip auto open when approaching home (when my wife is home, working outside with G door open) are gone. Very bad to loose control of the garage door, that will auto operate! Overall, for us, this update made changes, but did NOT make any improvements.

Noticed the missing music info bar yesterday. Found a new icon in the bottom row of Icons, to the right of the drivers heat controls. It is a music note icon. Touching this popped up the music info bar (what is playing, skip forward, pause, etc) on the left side as described by others. It stayed active and did not auto go down, but the music note icon blanked out. To remove the this music info bar, drag it down, and the music note icon reappears. My major problem is that the HomeLink controls for manual closing the garage door, or to skip auto open when approaching home (when my wife is home, working outside with G door open) are gone. Very bad to loose control of the garage door, that will auto operate! Overall, for us, this update made changes, but did NOT make any improvements.
I really enjoyed listening to USB music and was disappointed by 2022.44.25.5 which removed the info bar and controls. I whined about it and someone described the "music note" on the bar of icons. I simply don't have a music note anywhere I have found so far. However suddenly the info bar and controls appeared in the lower left corner - and worked. Problem solved? Well, not quite. The bar was quickly replaced by the warning nag message and hasn't reappeared since. Still looking for a way to bring it back. . . . . . . The rest of the 2022.44.25.5 update may or may not have added games, light shows, dog view, etc., that I didn't care about, but it also made the driving experience much worse. Ego is now much more aggressive, (after its long hesitations and apparent confusions) and attempts to leap out in front of oncoming traffic, or without warning and ignoring the "Lane change confirmation required selection", jump into the left oncoming traffic for no apparent reason. And the wild acceleration toward stopped traffic at a red light until the very last moment and then slamming on the brakes.

At now over 7 months and 6,500 miles I have had around 10 minutes where it just cruised down the highway beautifully, centered in the lane, smooth, quiet, relaxing and comfortable and I got the feeling of what it could be. . . . . .

Welcome to Tesla OTA updates. Where hardware features get removed (radar), handling gets worse (steering feel) and UI gets shuffled around every time Elon makes a twitter poll
Lol! I'm convinced the people implementing these changes don't own these cars. The homelink move is really aggravating after they finally fixed the last iteration. It was perfect imo.

Reactions: Zigzagmolly