Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Display Reability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: This is a combination of two identically-started threads.

OK...I am old. BUT....my eyes are still pretty good. Does it seem to anyone else that the font size and color on the display are too hard to read....especially when it is important and you have only fractions of second to figure out the sometimes lengthy messages? Could the fonts be bigger? Could the fonts be black on white instead of gray? Could the messages be briefer? Anyone?

Attachments

• Tesla Display.jpeg
    Tesla Display.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
They introduced a text size setting earlier this year but it was a very negligible difference.

Unfortunately Tesla designs the interface more like a laptop or tablet instead of an automotive screen meant to be read easily while driving.

Maybe if you adjust your selection of windows to display important information instead of everything, it would make things larger. I don't have the sideways screen, but you have over 1/3 of it displaying audio. Can you make a few windows smaller, or are they fixed size?

Is this a duplicate thread? I think I commented ont he other one.
Yup, yup ... duplicate. Per your other reply, the OP could move the audio window to the right and shrink it down. But that has no affect on message size or appearance. I do like the new word "reability". I did not even notice the misspelling because my brain instantly translated it without me needing to think.

Reactions: DerbyDave