Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Distance between all superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ChrisH

Jun 4, 2013
Milton, wa
Has anyone ever made a chart of the distance between all superchargers? I’m guessing it isn’t really necessary because of abetterrouteplanner and other websites but I think it would be kind of a cool thing to know.

My unscientific observation is that they are generally 90 to 150 miles apart across rural United States. Obviously there are exceptions to this as they are still building out the network. In addition, heavily (Tesla) populated California seems to have more density as well as the Northeast.

Mike

Has anyone ever made a chart of the distance between all superchargers? I’m guessing it isn’t really necessary because of abetterrouteplanner and other websites but I think it would be kind of a cool thing to know.

I demonstrate this regularly. Usually 125 miles between SuperChargers.

leKbJ4k.jpg

My biggest gripe is still the 315 mile gap between the Bend Oregon and Boise Idaho Superchargers. The "covered" route that uses reasonably spaced Superchargers is very out of the way at 478 miles.
Map would indicate that the area doesn't have *major* highways. Would indicate not traveled as much. Are there are lot of Tesla folks that would travel *that* route? If not then less motivation for Tesla to prioritize it over more popular routes.
WB47RcC.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocky_H
61FBD34D-AF89-4566-A4EE-FC6DBE54D048.jpeg

Ok, you win by three miles. It’s 312 miles from the Tesla Supercharger at Gaylord Michigan to the Tesla Supercharger in Green Bay Wisconsin.

There are permits in Escanaba for a Supercharger, but it’s been 330 days on permits without any construction.

Attachments

• 683E38C5-6765-410A-819E-A58712400554.jpeg
    683E38C5-6765-410A-819E-A58712400554.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 136
Map would indicate that the area doesn't have *major* highways. Would indicate not traveled as much. Are there are lot of Tesla folks that would travel *that* route? If not then less motivation for Tesla to prioritize it over more popular routes.
They built one in *expletive deleted* Custer, South Dakota simply because of a rally of Teslas that happens there once a year!! So I don't want to hear it.
*major* highways? The next step below Interstate highways is U.S. Federal highways. There are two U.S. Federal highways that run east west through it, and the trip between Bend and Boise is very common. Bend, Oregon isn't on an Interstate, but is on a U.S. highway.

And then do I need to start mentioning Aberdeen, Seaside, Lincoln City, Bandon, Crescent City, Eureka, Ukiah, Petaluma, Corte Madera, etc. that also aren't on *major* highways?

Clare, MI--also not on an Interstate, but in construction right now. Cadillac, MI--also not on an Interstate.

Last edited:
View attachment 395050

Ok, you win by three miles. It’s 312 miles from the Tesla Supercharger at Gaylord Michigan to the Tesla Supercharger in Green Bay Wisconsin.

There are permits in Escanaba for a Supercharger, but it’s been 330 days on permits without any construction.

Escanaba could really open up travel up there. Shows 10 stalls, but that could be overkill except for some summer weekends? Seems just 2 stalls to start would be enough do the job.

I was just messing with that on Google Maps, and I can't figure this out. Do they not allow cars on the Luddington-Manitowoc ferry? I can't get the routing to use it.

I was just messing with that on Google Maps, and I can't figure this out. Do they not allow cars on the Luddington-Manitowoc ferry? I can't get the routing to use it.

They do allow and have done. In car routing will use ferry. The valet was very apprehensive about the key card and set alarm off twice.
20180916_125328.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky_H
They built one in *expletive deleted* Custer, South Dakota simply because of a rally of Teslas that happens there once a year!! So I don't want to hear it.
*major* highways? The next step below Interstate highways is U.S. Federal highways. There are two U.S. Federal highways that run east west through it, and the trip between Bend and Boise is very common. Bend, Oregon isn't on an Interstate, but is on a U.S. highway.

And then do I need to start mentioning Aberdeen, Seaside, Lincoln City, Bandon, Crescent City, Eureka, Ukiah, Petaluma, Corte Madera, etc. that also aren't on *major* highways?

Clare, MI--also not on an Interstate, but in construction right now. Cadillac, MI--also not on an Interstate.
Truckee California has two SuperCharger sites (about 3 miles apart)... is this the record for the shortest distance between two Superchargers?

• Funny
Reactions: ReddyLeaf

There's a lot more to the story of that Cluster, SD location aside from the 50-60 cars there during the rally each year.

BTW, I do have my own issues with some SCs not being opened on certain roads. They have to find cooperating/accepting businesses at these locations too. I apologize for getting you all riled up.

Truckee California has two SuperCharger sites (about 3 miles apart)... is this the record for the shortest distance between two Superchargers?

Check out Madison, WI, the superchargers are only about 1 mile apart.

I think the mall only allowed them to do 3 stalls, so they had to open another up another 8 stall down the street.