Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#17) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered EV Tax Credit 2.0, Model Y & 3 Gangbuster Sales, Low Model X Demand, and California FSD Drama.

DIY Falcon Door Adjustment/Alignment

Hoping someone out there can help me or send me the Service bulletin from toolbox software. When going through the manual there is a note section "If the rear door requires adjustment, refer to TN-16-11-002, "Adjusting the Rear Doors (Falcon Wing Doors) on Model X" for instructions." When I click on the link it won't let me see the full procedure. Would appreciate any help on this as it seems to be an issue on a number of Model X.

I work on cars all the time and am not afraid to pull some of the interior apart to get it to look right. Don't want to have to take it to the SC and wait weeks for an appointment and waste hours of my day.

Has anyone ever adjusted the falcon wing doors by themselves at home? Reading through the doc, it doesn't sound too challenging, but i've worked on enough stuff to realize what's written down might sound simple, but in real life when you are doing it, the fine adjustments may not be that easy to get precisely to the position that one would want.

Reactions: BoldAuto
I was adjusting mine yesterday. It is not very difficult to do just takes two people and a lot of open and closing. Still couldn't get mine to where I want them. You need to remove all the trim covers on the upper side door and top roof piece as well as all the brackets holding those trim pieces on. Once that is removed you take out the falcon wing glass roof. Once you disconnect all 4 struts you can adjust the door but it gets heavy so you'll need two people to open and close it as well as prop it up in the upright position. Getting it to align how you want and stay in that position is the difficult part.

Let me know if you find anything that helps! The Service manual doesn't show the door adjustment service bulletin or at least it wasn't working for me.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC