Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Falcon Door Adjustment Help needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so my passenger side falcon door is sticking open about an 1/8th of an inch and I can see that the door latch receiver on the bottom of the car is loose, it's held in by just two hex bolts and it looks like the latch slides in and out for adjustment. I'm a pretty handy guy so have no fear about working on cars so was going to tackle this seemingly easy fix myself to save myself the 2 hour round trip drive to the local service center.

Issue I need help with is how do I remove the door sill, it's an aluminum piece at the edge of the car with the latch receiver built into it, i'm thinking the cover must just be held in there with friction type clips as I don't see any bolts anywhere, at the same time I don't want to damage it by pulling on it in the wrong direction.... by any chance does anyone know how this part comes off which would allow me to simply get to those two bolts and tighten them up?

If I can figure it out and it fixes the door adjustment, I'll be sure to do a writeup for the good of the DIY crowd on here, thanks in advance!

so my passenger side falcon door is sticking open about an 1/8th of an inch and I can see that the door latch receiver on the bottom of the car is loose, it's held in by just two hex bolts and it looks like the latch slides in and out for adjustment. I'm a pretty handy guy so have no fear about working on cars so was going to tackle this seemingly easy fix myself to save myself the 2 hour round trip drive to the local service center.

Issue I need help with is how do I remove the door sill, it's an aluminum piece at the edge of the car with the latch receiver built into it, i'm thinking the cover must just be held in there with friction type clips as I don't see any bolts anywhere, at the same time I don't want to damage it by pulling on it in the wrong direction.... by any chance does anyone know how this part comes off which would allow me to simply get to those two bolts and tighten them up?

If I can figure it out and it fixes the door adjustment, I'll be sure to do a writeup for the good of the DIY crowd on here, thanks in advance!
The inner threshold comes off by prying straight upward. There are a lot of clips on the larger inner piece. If you can get the inner piece off, that may help you determine how the smaller, outer threshold is held in place.