Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY PPF with Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be the first time I purchase a new car and like the idea of a PPF kit to protect the paint but not the idea of paying £1-2K for it which unfortunately at the moment I just simply can't afford :-(
Am after a kit which covers the front bumper, bonnet, lights and front wheel arches.
Have seen on ebay this DIY kit and was wondering if anyone has tried a it yet? PreCut Suntek PPF-Ultra Clear Bra Film for 17+ Tesla Model 3 | eBay

Also has anyone been able to find any links to other kits which can be delivered to the UK?
The only other think remotely similar I was able to find was the RPMTesla headlight kit Model 3 Headlight Protection Film (Clear or Smoked) Set of 4

I am quite good at DIY and wrapped a few things before so also like the idea of giving this a go myself

Reactions: Sirricardo
unless your an experienced detailer or have done any wrapping to a car before I would not attempt it. Either pay for a pro to apply, plenty avaliable look on pistonheads or detailersworld for recommendations.

personally I prefer the gtechniq ceramic coating option as I have used it before via a detailer

Main reason I want this is to help protect against stone chips. Yes have experience and have done ceramic coatings myself before but they are only good for helping with washing dirt off and offer little or no other protection

• Informative
Reactions: Sirricardo
unless your an experienced detailer or have done any wrapping to a car before I would not attempt it. Either pay for a pro to apply, plenty avaliable look on pistonheads or detailersworld for recommendations.

personally I prefer the gtechniq ceramic coating option as I have used it before via a detailer

Well you have to gain experience some how...

interesting idea! Much of what you pay for with the pro is the prep work before hand - no point wrapping either a dodgy paint job or a handful of flies. Take that into account and it should be do-able,maybe slap it on ASAP after purchase so a quick clean is all thats needed? The bumper is meant to be the hardest panel? Possibly not the best to practice on?