Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I choose "Claim Ownership of Vehicle" when I've bought a car on PCH?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a bit confused about getting my car into my Tesla Account online. I've bought the car on PCH so I don't technically own it nor get the V5C in my name. In this case do I choose "Claim Ownership of Car" on the website or is that for if I've bought one say second hand etc?

I suspect that I don't get to have the car in my online account, it will only be used for charging invoices and suchlike?

The main reason I want this is to add my wife as another driver. I know I can give her my credentials for the app on her phone but adding a secondary driver is more preferable. I don't seem to be able to get to the add driver section because I need to "manage" the vehicle, which isn't in my account.

Your PCH company own the car, you'll be unable to add it to your account using the "Claim Ownership of Car" link, try asking them if they're able to add a second driver to your account but probably the easiest option is to just log in to the app with your credentials on her phone - it doesn't make any difference to anything, the car will still see her phone as a different person regardless of which account is logged in and select the correct driver profile.

Reactions: Durzel
Your PCH company own the car, you'll be unable to add it to your account using the "Claim Ownership of Car" link, try asking them if they're able to add a second driver to your account but probably the easiest option is to just log in to the app with your credentials on her phone - it doesn't make any difference to anything, the car will still see her phone as a different person regardless of which account is logged in and select the correct driver profile.
Ah right that’s exactly what I wanted, I thought it would see it as two primary phones but as long as it detects that her phone is different (which makes sense now) then that works. Thanks.