Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do i have to do anything when supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want the car to stop at a certain amount you have to set it either through the app or in the car. If you want to stop charging because you're ready to leave just tell the car to stop charging.

Keep in mind idle fees do occur if you're connected to a supercharger but not charging.

If you want the car to stop at a certain amount you have to set it either through the app or in the car. If you want to stop charging because you're ready to leave just tell the car to stop charging.

Keep in mind idle fees do occur if you're connected to a supercharger but not charging.

You don't even need to press buttons in the car - just press the button on the cable handle and when it unlatches you can remove it.

Supercharging is profoundly easier than pumping gas. Just ... takes longer 😜

A couple of things to note:
  1. The idle fees mentioned earlier apply if the supercharger is at least 50% occupied when charging stops. The fees are typically $1/minute, so be sure to move your car when it’s finished.
  2. A busy superchargers, the car will set your charge limit to 80% (it will tell you that), but you can increase the charge limit if you need to.

Got back from our first road trip. 528 miles, one stop for charging. Got to destination with 28% SOC if I recall correctly. Charging was easy. Did 2 stops on the way home. Probably didn't need to, but the second stop reduced my range anxiety :) 1 station had 8 chargers with 2 other people also charging. And the second stop was at a hotel and had maybe 8 or 10 superchargers and what looked like maybe 8 wall connector chargers outside in the same line. The only other person charging was a MachE Ford. Last stop had 7 chargers with only other one being used initially and then another person came.

Reactions: Gumball
Got back from our first road trip. 528 miles, one stop for charging. Got to destination with 28% SOC if I recall correctly. Charging was easy. Did 2 stops on the way home. Probably didn't need to, but the second stop reduced my range anxiety :) 1 station had 8 chargers with 2 other people also charging. And the second stop was at a hotel and had maybe 8 or 10 superchargers and what looked like maybe 8 wall connector chargers outside in the same line. The only other person charging was a MachE Ford. Last stop had 7 chargers with only other one being used initially and then another person came.
I wasn't clear, but the 528 miles was one way. And the wall connectors were, I'm guessing, free for the patrons of the hotel. That is a good idea. Given I choice, I would definitely stay at a place that offered charging over a place that did not.