Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do I need to recalibrate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gigaron

San Bruno
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
SC says all is okay, but I wonder. Vehicles change shape and move around on the display at a stoplight, a semi 2 lanes over shows on the adjacent lane and more than once FSD lane change jerked the car out of the phantom’s way.

Anyone else seeing this behavior and what did you do? I’m thinking camera recalibration.

Everyone is seeing some form of this. The car's computer is using AI to recognize what's around from cameras etc. Its interpretation of shapes and its confidence in what it recognizes changes continuously as images are being reinterpreted. Even when you are not moving, results could vary a bit. Vehicle shapes will change sometimes, pedestrians, bicycles and motorbikes will pop and disappear, cones as well etc. The recognized street lines might dance a bit. Tesla seem to have chosen a transparent presentation of what the computer sees instead of trying to hide some of it and stabilize the presentation.
It's nothing to worry about.