Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do mirrors fold when locked on M3 Standard + ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
Picked up the car yesterday. There is a button to fold the mirrors and that works. Not sure but I cannot get the mirrors to fold when the car is locked. Does this work on this model or not. What am I missing if so?

Thanks in advance.

Ours folds (the mirrors) when the car locks as we walk away, or parked in the garage... On the app, after getting out of the car, activate the lock symbol, it should start working automatically after that. I've noticed if you open the car with the key card, you then have to re-activate the locking as you're walking away as I outlined above.

I'll try that thank you
One thing to watch out for is that sometimes the phone is disconnected from the car. When that happens, it does not know you actually walked away from the car so no action taken. So far it has only happened to me when I had to use key card because the phone was disconnected initially, but then who knows if there's possibility of phone disconnecting while driving. Just train your ear to hear the beep song as the car locks while you're walking away.

I also set it up to fold automatically when I arrive at home. I really like that feature also.
Folding mirrors when walking away is a good confirmation for me that the doors are locked since I don't like the auditory confirmation and have turned it off.

I have a pretty small garage off a narrow alley. I'm only able to back in from one direction (and leave that same direction) which works well enough. I'm able to keep my mirrors unfolded to enter/exit but need them folded to comfortably walk around the car in the garage. I also can't walk around the car unless the garage door is open. The homelink to auto-open/close the garage when coming/going works 90% of the time. When I park I need to remember to manually fold the mirrors before I get out, otherwise I can't walk around the car w/o rubbing up against it. I forget often enough where I find myself having to open the car door again and go through the menu to fold the mirrors while awkwardly leaning in from outside the car. I was excited to try out the fold mirrors linked to location/homelink but it's not what I need at all. I need my mirrors to reverse into the garage to park! Ideally I either need an option to fold-on-P/unfold-on-D (based on location ideally), or a way to fold mirrors from the app (less ideal). I have it set to auto lock/fold when I walk away from the car but there's not room to do that in the garage. Thanks to the person above who mentioned using the Lock option in the app - going to try that - will likely be my saving grace in the meantime. Looking forward to seeing if Advanced Summon will work for me too ;)