Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do new 2021 Model Y have USB in Both Glovebox and Center Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the updated center console for the Model 3 and Y the USB 3.0 data port has been moved to inside the glove box. A second front USB-C port has been added. The two front USB-C ports are now located inside the center console lower compartment (the one with the sliding cover) at the rear of the compartment. The wireless charging pad is powered directly (not via one of the USB-C ports.) The wireless charging pad is always visible with no hinged cover. The wireless charging pad does not does not flip up.

In the updated center console for the Model 3 and Y the USB 3.0 data port has been moved to inside the glove box. A second front USB-C port has been added. The two front USB-C ports are now located inside the center console lower compartment (the one with the sliding cover) at the rear of the compartment. The wireless charging pad is powered directly (not via one of the USB-C ports.) The wireless charging pad is always visible with no hinged cover. The wireless charging pad does not does not flip up.

I didn't realize that the USB plugs would be in a different location. I guess I bought the USB hub for no reason!