Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do seats have "special" material?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I posted previous requests on seat heating and thank you guys for your help.
I was recently advised that the seat material recycles your body heat so the car seat is always as warm as, in this instance, your back.
This is the first time that I heard of seat material being able to absorb and then re-heat, you body heat and wanted to check if this is true?
Thank you
Bob

Hi guys, I posted previous requests on seat heating and thank you guys for your help.
I was recently advised that the seat material recycles your body heat so the car seat is always as warm as, in this instance, your back.
This is the first time that I heard of seat material being able to absorb and then re-heat, you body heat and wanted to check if this is true?
Thank you
Bob
I haven't heard that. If that's the case, why would they need seat heaters? Tesla calls it 'Vegan Leather' which, in my book, is equivalent to a really nice vinyl.... :cool:

Thank you
Bob

There is a fabric that does this - Outlast (usually found in sports/outdoor/motorcycle clothing) or Stratos (seems to be limited to bedding like Simba's duvet). Have a look at PCM fabrics for more info.

It does work (I have the duvet and it provides year round "just right" temperature) BUT I would expect it to be marketed by Tesla in some shape or form if they use it, as it was developed for the NASA space program.