Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you care that the trunk doesn't auto close?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw my Dad's new Kia that he paid $37K for. The most expensive vehicle that Kia has and so it has all the bells and whistles. That includes the little button to auto-close the trunk lid. I kinda wish I was getting that on the Model 3. Not having it is a plus for reliability. I know for sure, Tesla will eventually offer the feature on future model 3's. I don't get in my trunk enough to get all upset about it, but I can vent my first world complain here, right? Do you guys care about this feature?

By the way, the Kia also has the 360 surround view that we all wish Tesla would add....

Wait, so your trunk is actually closing and you're contemplating complaining about it? :)

I am surprised that there are many 3rd party automatic trunk kits for other cars but not for a model 3 yet. I would definitely consider getting it for the right price since I miss that from my model S. However I have changed my struts so that I don’t have to slam the trunk to close it. I just pull it down half way and let go. It closes itself. I just hate the sound it makes when closing. Sounds like a very cheap car.