Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Harsh trunk close beep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 21 Model Y and it has a somewhat pleasant sounding beep when you close the trunk, I noticed on my 23 Model 3 its not only harsh, but its fairly loud.

Did the change the beep or have the 3's always had that sound? anyway to change it?

Yea, I know this is nitpicky, just curoius. I searched the forum and it seems like no ones commented on this so it may only be me :D

Not just you. I noticed it right away …… and don’t like it either. Sounds kind of tacky to me. Oh well ……

(Interesting that our Model Ys were built on exactly the same day. Seems like we’re on the same trajectory. Took a little over 1.5 years for the Model Y to make me hate our Honda HR-V so much I replaced it with a Model 3. Kept having to jump the Honda battery because we never wanted to drive it.)

Reactions: Tha_Ape
My Model 3's beep is really quiet. So quiet that I can't hear it.

Oh yea, I've got a manual trunk on the 3.

A manual trunk would be fine with me! Usually they only do power trunks on hatches.

Not just you. I noticed it right away …… and don’t like it either. Sounds kind of tacky to me. Oh well ……

(Interesting that our Model Ys were built on exactly the same day. Seems like we’re on the same trajectory. Took a little over 1.5 years for the Model Y to make me hate our Honda HR-V so much I replaced it with a Model 3. Kept having to jump the Honda battery because we never wanted to drive it.)

Thats funny. Yea, I eventually gave up my Prius Prime. Not a bad car, but not particularly fun to drive. The delivery experience was much better on the M3 than the MY I picked up 2yrs ago. All of the delivery cars were indoors and shiny, the cosmetic QC was a lot better (even though I have a alignment appointment for a car with 15mi on it, doh!).