Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

do you get irritate by people around you asking about Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've decided that if someone asks me how long it takes to charge I'm going to respond that "tbh I don't know"

I drive DAL to FTW and back when they make me go into the office []sigh] and all I have to do is plug it in when I get home and it's "full" when I wake up

as for long trips: I haven't done that many but I know I can get rom DAL to AUS with 23% left and it's "full" by the time I get out of Sproutes and/or Starbucks

I'll just say that it's a non-issue, or to be grammatically correct ... not an issue

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
On my current trip I've been asked "wow you must stop often" - > a few times. "stops must be long" - > average 15min, time to pee and grab a snack. "do you like it" - > yes. It's like a normal car.
One guy was surprised that I had mine for 3.5 years, he even said: oh, it still looks quite new.

People are getting interested, let's not discourage them.

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
I love talking about EVs and/or Teslas. What irks me is when my friends come up to me and say "did you hear what bullcrap thing Elon Musk recently said or did." Not a big fan of the dude and bought the car despite him not because of him. So no..... not a big fan of discussing what asinine billionaire rich boy stunt that Musk pulled today. But ask about the car or EVs, and I'm all in.

I've decided that if someone asks me how long it takes to charge I'm going to respond that "tbh I don't know"

I drive DAL to FTW and back when they make me go into the office []sigh] and all I have to do is plug it in when I get home and it's "full" when I wake up

as for long trips: I haven't done that many but I know I can get rom DAL to AUS with 23% left and it's "full" by the time I get out of Sproutes and/or Starbucks

I'll just say that it's a non-issue, or to be grammatically correct ... not an issue
I drive ev, but not Tesla. My take is most people are curious and ignorant. I try to be polite.