Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do You Need to Update Anything In Settings After Tire Rotations…???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my first tire rotation at my local tire shop after 5k miles. (Made sure they use a rubber pad on their lifts and not metal cleats that can puncture my battery pack.) I thought I read/heard that something in the TESLA Settings menu needs to be updated or reset when tires are rotated and/or replaced, but I couldn’t find a YouTube video on it.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? Any advice…???

Thanks, ALL!

When I look at the information on tire rotations in the TESLA model Y manual, it looks like TESLA recommends that you access the following menu in your TESLA vehicle after tire maintenance:

========================================

Tire Configuration​

After the tires on Model Y are rotated or replaced, update your vehicle's tire configuration by touching Controls > Service > Wheel & Tire Configuration > Tires. This allows your vehicle to reset the learned tire settings and improve your driving experience.  This also clears and resets the tread wear alert for the vehicle until you travel 6,250 miles and low tread depth is detected again.
Ensure you are aware if your vehicle is equipped with winter tires. Winter tires can be identified by a mountain and snowflake icon on the tires' sidewall. See Winter Tires for more information.

=======================================

Perhaps this is the TESLA settings menu that you were talking about?

Upvote 0
When I look at the information on tire rotations in the TESLA model Y manual, it looks like TESLA recommends that you access the following menu in your TESLA vehicle after tire maintenance:

========================================

Tire Configuration​

After the tires on Model Y are rotated or replaced, update your vehicle's tire configuration by touching Controls > Service > Wheel & Tire Configuration > Tires. This allows your vehicle to reset the learned tire settings and improve your driving experience.  This also clears and resets the tread wear alert for the vehicle until you travel 6,250 miles and low tread depth is detected again.
Ensure you are aware if your vehicle is equipped with winter tires. Winter tires can be identified by a mountain and snowflake icon on the tires' sidewall. See Winter Tires for more information.

=======================================

Perhaps this is the TESLA settings menu that you were talking about?
Thanks! I did find that menu and selected “Square” rotation option from the top dropdown menu and selected “All-season Tires” from the bottom dropdown menu and selected the “Update” button. The OS indicated that a calibration was then under way, and I was advised to avoid slamming on the brakes for the next several minutes. Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I'm about to do my first rotation at 6200 miles. I talked with a Tesla service rep about recommended patterns, and he said that side to side is a good idea, in order to reverse the direction of rotation, and that front to back is also OK. So I'm going to combine these, and do Left front to right rear/right front to left rear. 129 ft/lb torque for lug nuts. I bought QuickJack 5000 scissor jacks ($1400!) because I will be storing the Tesla up off its tires for 6 months each winter in a building while I'm abroad. That makes tire rotation at home easy. The QuickJack 5000 is just barely long enough to span the jack points. It would be better if it was 2" longer, but it works.

Upvote 0
I'm about to do my first rotation at 6200 miles. I talked with a Tesla service rep about recommended patterns, and he said that side to side is a good idea, in order to reverse the direction of rotation, and that front to back is also OK. So I'm going to combine these, and do Left front to right rear/right front to left rear. 129 ft/lb torque for lug nuts. I bought QuickJack 5000 scissor jacks ($1400!) because I will be storing the Tesla up off its tires for 6 months each winter in a building while I'm abroad. That makes tire rotation at home easy. The QuickJack 5000 is just barely long enough to span the jack points. It would be better if it was 2" longer, but it works.

I am not familiar with all versions of model Ys (I have a performance model Y). Model Y performance has staggered tires. Do other versions have a square setup?

Upvote 0