Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do your door seals also have these cuts/slits?

Do your door seals also have these cuts/slits?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my Y in for a service appointment right now for this issue and others. The rep. I met with for the drop off had an interesting response, he said: "this is now the second time I've seen this issue - I'm not sure if this is by design or not so I need to do some research with Tesla to find out".

I haven't heard more from the rep. yet (it's only been a couple days and I had like 15 items to address) so I though it would be helpful to hear from the group here if your Y also has these cuts/slits or not on your seals. You have to pull the seals slightly with your hand to make them visible, picture below of one of these seal slits. Important to note all 4 of my door seals had at least 2 or 3 slits in each.

MVIMG_20200701_185548.jpg

I have my Y in for a service appointment right now for this issue and others. The rep. I met with for the drop off had an interesting response, he said: "this is now the second time I've seen this issue - I'm not sure if this is by design or not so I need to do some research with Tesla to find out".

I haven't heard more from the rep. yet (it's only been a couple days and I had like 15 items to address) so I though it would be helpful to hear from the group here if your Y also has these cuts/slits or not on your seals. You have to pull the seals slightly with your hand to make them visible, picture below of one of these seal slits. Important to note all 4 of my door seals had at least 2 or 3 slits in each.
Yes, my door seals have pairs of holes at the bottom of each seal. This is likely by design to help with drainage of water that may accumulate inside the seal. Sorry about the fuzziness of the photos below.

Side of seal located at bottom of door.
Bottom.jpeg

Bottom of seal located at bottom of door.
Side.jpeg