Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Documents Required for Financing (Pepper)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, first post here.

I've got my eyes on the Model Y. I think the price is going to be around 150k AUD for the options I want.

Question to those of you who have financed your Tesla through Pepper, especially as a business.

What documents do they require? Has anyone been knocked back?

Hi all, first post here.

I've got my eyes on the Model Y. I think the price is going to be around 150k AUD for the options I want.

Question to those of you who have financed your Tesla through Pepper, especially as a business.

Maybe ask again in 3+ years when model Y arrives in australia

Reactions: Furfy
I financed using Pepper, but not via a business so not sure how helpful this will be. I dug out the old email where they asked for supporting dox:

Dear Geoff,

Congratulations again on the purchase of your new Tesla Model 3!

It was lovely speaking to you just then.

As discussed, can you please send me the below:

1. Privacy Form – please use this link https://www.pepper.com.au/tesla to submit a privacy form so I can submit your application for you
  2. 2 x your most recent payslips (or whatever you may have that confirms how much you earn)
  3. Drivers license – front and back
Please let me know if I can calculate any other scenarios for you or if you have any questions.

Look forward to speaking to you soon

Have a great day.

Agnes
We had recently been through the painful process of extending our mortgage for a renovation and compared to the arcane b-s the bank put us through this was delightfully easy/simple.

I was initially talking with Macquarie acting as Tesla finance, but when Agnes explained Pepper is the largest non-bank lender in Oz, she had me at "non-bank".

Cheers,
Geoff

Hi all, first post here.

If going to buy as a business, make sure that you check insurance. There have been horror stories.

Model X base model US price: 84,990 USD
Model Y all upgrades, maxed out US price: 73,990 USD

The Model Y full spec price is 87% the price of the Model X base model.

Model X base model AU price: 160,782 AUD

Therefore, the Model Y full spec might be about 139,880 AUD but could be slightly higher due to lower AUD forex value.

Model X base model US price: 84,990 USD
Model Y all upgrades, maxed out US price: 73,990 USD

The Model Y full spec price is 87% the price of the Model X base model.

Model X base model AU price: 160,782 AUD

Therefore, the Model Y full spec might be about 139,880 AUD but could be slightly higher due to lower AUD forex value.

Won't be, it will be able $7,500 more expensive than every comparible Model 3.....so top spec without FSD will be about $120k (tops, unless AUD drops more).

I was told by many a Tesla Sale's rep that the Model 3 will be $140k for the performance, I drove away with the second most expenive colour, white seats in performance for $105.5k (no FSD)....not a snow balls chance in hell they will be making the Model Y over $25k more expensive than the 3.

Won't be, it will be able $7,500 more expensive than every comparible Model 3.....so top spec without FSD will be about $120k (tops, unless AUD drops more).

I was told by many a Tesla Sale's rep that the Model 3 will be $140k for the performance, I drove away with the second most expenive colour, white seats in performance for $105.5k (no FSD)....not a snow balls chance in hell they will be making the Model Y over $25k more expensive than the 3.

When I say full spec, I mean absolute full spec with FSD, most expensive wheels, colour, seat config etc. but ok. Since you compared it with the 3 (which probably is the better way), I've pulled up the US prices.

66,990 USD for the 3
73,990 USD for the Y

So only about 7k USD difference which is a little above 10k AUD. I'm sure there's already a few threads for predicting the Y price.

I'm sure it would be about 10k - 20k on top of the 3's price.

When I say full spec, I mean absolute full spec with FSD, most expensive wheels, colour, seat config etc. but ok. Since you compared it with the 3 (which probably is the better way), I've pulled up the US prices.

66,990 USD for the 3
73,990 USD for the Y

So only about 7k USD difference which is a little above 10k AUD. I'm sure there's already a few threads for predicting the Y price.

I'm sure it would be about 10k - 20k on top of the 3's price.

My current Model 3 (full spec'ed performance with blue paint) is $111k approx without FSD....with FSD takes it to $122k, therefore a Model Y Performance with FSD will be "about" $132k (as long as AUD doesn't go down).