Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dodge Ram SRT-10 challenged me at a light and...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as if he stood a chance, LOL!! Left him in the dust. I will say though, for a truck that thing didn't do too bad. After I got home I looked at its details and to my surprise it has the same engine as the Dodge Viper SRT-10, an 8.3liter V10 510bhp and can do 0-60 in 4.9 and quarter mile in 13.6.

Not bad for a truck!! It's basically the same as the viper but in a truck shell. Never knew that truck existed until today. Looks like they only made about 10,000 of these between 2004-2006 and then stopped production. Very cool truck I think. Still nowhere's near a P85 though :p

Huh, that may very well explain the large truck that a few weeks ago took offense when I passed by him on the right-hand side on the freeway and he managed to stay pretty close when he gave chase as I accelerated away. Was definitely one of those "how the heck is he still staying so close behind me?!?" moments.

I'd be curious to know how much gas was burned during that gas pedal stomp

tank_gas_bucket-300x225.jpg

Huh, that may very well explain the large truck that a few weeks ago took offense when I passed by him on the right-hand side on the freeway and he managed to stay pretty close when he gave chase as I accelerated away. Was definitely one of those "how the heck is he still staying so close behind me?!?" moments.

Diesel trucks with chip, intake and turbo upgrades can easily hit the mid 4's to 60 mph. There is tremendous capacity there. At a relatively cheap price too. Unfortunately, it comes at a very unacceptable price of fuel economy and fumes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363795530.679522.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

Closer to 10% I believe... (the S is ~4600lbs right?)

:p I read 4,400 somewhere.

EDIT: reference

Tesla Chief Engineer Peter Rawlinson geeks out with us about Model S design

Peter indicates that this gives the car an unusually low center of gravity, which helps to reduce the amount it rolls in corners. It's so low that the car, despite its considerable 4,200lb bulk, can make do with relatively thin anti-rollbars. We asked Peter if we're getting to the point where the CG is so low, beneath the roll center of the car, that it would actually cause it to lean into corners. The Model S isn't quite there, apparently, the roll-center is still below the center of gravity of the car, but according to Peter having a car that leans into corners is apparently not as desirable a suspension effect as we'd have thought, causing an unsatisfactory driving sensation, among other things.

Last edited: