Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does adding Payment info speed up delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From experience and what I’ve read on here, after ordering, you have to enter your payment info (don’t have to accept the terms yet but something does need to be submitted. Some ppl hit cash and that can be adjusted before delivery if you’re financing or what not).

My SA said I can’t get to the insurance page, a vin or delivery date without choosing some type of payment.

A day after I submitted payment info, I got the text about 3-7 week wait and 2 weeks later, got the chose your delivery date text.

You definitely want to enter insurance info, as that will slow you down if you don't, but the only payment info that I entered, was that I would be paying for it with "cash" (loan check from bank and personal check). I picked up my Model Y last week (less than 4 weeks from ordering to pickup) and they added the car to my account so that I could unlock and check it all out, long before I returned the envelope with the checks in it and then drove away.

Last edited: