Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does aftermarket 12V Battery cause SW update delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since taking delivery of my P3D+ since September, I have been on the fast track of getting all the new software update. All the updates up to 2018.50.6 were updated within the first 20% of initial rollout according to TeslaFi. In February I upgraded my 12V battery to OHMMU lithium battery, it was 12lb lighter compared to the stock lead battery. Then all the software update just stopped until today when I replace the Ohmmu with the stock battery. All the Wifi setup at home and work have not changed in within this time frame when checking with my network app I can see my car connected and data were going to and from when I pull the car via TeslaFi. However given that the only thing that changed was the battery, I decided to make the switch back to see if it would make a difference.

Within five minutes of placing the stock battery back in the car, through network traffic viewer on my router App, I can see my car started downloading data. Another ten minutes later, the Tesla App prompted me of available SW update, 2019.5.15.

So based on this one data point, it seems that the with Ohmmu battery prevented my car from receiving new software updates. Perhaps the voltage and amperage of Ohmmu is different than stock and the car think it is abnormal and didn't want to drop new software on an abnormal car? Or is it a pure coincidence?

Anyone else has similar experiences. Or with Ohmmu battery but with no SW update issues?