Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Model Y have better suspension than the 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just picked up our MY last week and I can say definitively suspension is much better. Known cracks and bumps on our usual routes are significantly smoother and quieter. I almost think the trunk on the M3 acted as a type of subwoofer. YMMV but from my experience I couldn't be happier with the suspension and I'm on the 20s. I can only imagine it's even much better on the 19s.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
I test drove Model 3 LR AWD before and I own a Model Y LR AWD 19 inch now. I'd say Y feels smoother than 3 and also has quieter cabin. That being said, Y is still a sporty car and it's harsher than most similar SUVs (e.g. X3/CRV/Q5). For me and my household members, the ride quality is just right.

My Y is pretty firm but not too bad. The big negative is that every crack in the road or bump is transmitted through the car as a audible thump. Its not a quiet car in that sense. But the ride is better than my Mercedes AMG GLC43 I had even with the active suspension in comfort mode. If I could fix that thump and rumble, it would be fantastic.

After moving from a Model 3 to a Y back in May, I found that the Y felt heavier and slightly smoother. However, after three months of driving, I think that the ride is still too harsh. My thoughts were confirmed yesterday when I drove my wife's X3, which was much smoother. I'll be looking into getting a smoother ride, but I have no idea how this is done or the costs.

I'd appreciate hearing any suggestions

I swapped out the OEM suspension on my M3 for an aftermarket, fully adjustable coilover system from Mountain Pass Performance. The ride is greatly improved. They have the same system for the MY...

Reactions: theslimshadyist