Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does my 2014 have a Heated Steering Wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably doesn’t but i just bought a used 2014 P85, I noticed it has the cold weather package & premium audio, but not sure if the steering wheel was part of it. Anybody have any details on which year they started including them?

My dec 2014 has sub zero package and doesn't have the heated wheel. (Didn't have) I've done the retrofit so it now does but it wasn't there factory.

It should show up on the screen as an option to turn on when you open the AC screen.

If it's not there then no, also it shows up in the show additional details page of the menu it says heated wheel or it's blank

My dec 2014 has sub zero package and doesn't have the heated wheel. (Didn't have) I've done the retrofit so it now does but it wasn't there factory.

It should show up on the screen as an option to turn on when you open the AC screen.

If it's not there then no, also it shows up in the show additional details page of the menu it says heated wheel or it's blank
Hi, I just bougth a dec-2014 model S. It has the subzero weather package but not the heated wheel. My Q: when you retrofitted, did you have to add both wheel, sccm, ecu and all, or is the sccm and cabling prepared for it?

I would appreciate your answer

Halvor

Hi, I just bougth a dec-2014 model S. It has the subzero weather package but not the heated wheel. My Q: when you retrofitted, did you have to add both wheel, sccm, ecu and all, or is the sccm and cabling prepared for it?

I would appreciate your answer

Halvor
Mine had the wiring, but I had to buy an SCCM, ECU, wheel buttons, and wheel.

But before you go out and buy *sugar* pull off your wheel and take a look. You can easily identify the heated wheel SCCM if it has 5 pins on the clock spring, also if you pull off the clock spring behind it there is an extra pin on the circuit board. There should be a pic on this thread somewhere of what I'm talking about.
Also the buttons need to be the newer version ones so check the part numbers on the ones you have, same with the airbag ECU. Once you see what you have then you can see what parts you need to buy. It's possible you have most of the *sugar*, it's also possible you're the same as me and need to buy all the crap. But you won't know till you check out your car.

I was able to get all my stuff from 057tech as a kit from a wrecked car. Once you know what you need give them a call and see if they have any of it lying around. If not eBay is a valid option as well just double-check the part numbers before buying.

Reactions: VegarHenriksen