Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does my S sit too high?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please take a similar pic at standard height and 19s so I have something to show the SC?
Wow.. A lot of difference. Here is my standard on my S picked up in December.

20170203_162242.jpg

To close out this thread, I had the service center calibrate the air suspension and now it sits perfectly. Initially the wheel gap was about 2.5" at standard and now it's about 1.5". It looks and feels great now. Can't believe I waited a year to get it done.

To close out this thread, I had the service center calibrate the air suspension and now it sits perfectly. Initially the wheel gap was about 2.5" at standard and now it's about 1.5". It looks and feels great now. Can't believe I waited a year to get it done.
Now that you are all calibrated, can you please tell me the distance from exterior top of the wheel well opening to the ground, front and back? Measure as did @BestRadar, but to the floor, not the tire.

And which exact model is this?

Thanks!

Hi all, was reading this thread and was wondering if everyone has pretty even measurements across all four wheels? I just measured my new Model S and my left front is about 28.5", left rear about 29.25", while the right side is more even in the middle around 29". Similarly wheel-to-fender is 4.5" in left front, 5.5" left rear, and 5" on the right side.

I have not noticed the car being "tilted" or anything, but I did feel like the front air dam is aggressively low, and has scraped the tops of some wheel blocks (not the high curb itself, rather the low trapezoidal concrete stop) found in many parking spaces when you drive front-in. Would explain things if my front end is pitched a slightly downward to have reduced clearance.

If I take it in for service, can they adjust it? I don't have the air suspension; I have the standard (coil) suspension and 19" Slipstream wheels.

I second. My notes, from a SAS delivery showed the same "1.5" front (1.625" rear). Incidentally, the coil cars tend to be stuck high, too. With no more SAS unless you're dang close to 100k, there will probably be more owners lowering their cars. No regrets, whatsoever. The two ways to do it are to machine in new circlip groves on the strut (for the lower spring purch), or to buy shorter springs.

This was a great thread, thank you! My 2013 MS P85 shows a great (in my mind) disparity between all four corners, ranging from 27.0" for passenger rear wheel arch peak to floor, to 29.25" for driver front, with other two wheel arches at about 28.25". Hoping recalibration will fix differentials so will sit (and possibly drive) level instead of at an angle.

This was a great thread, thank you! My 2013 MS P85 shows a great (in my mind) disparity between all four corners, ranging from 27.0" for passenger rear wheel arch peak to floor, to 29.25" for driver front, with other two wheel arches at about 28.25". Hoping recalibration will fix differentials so will sit (and possibly drive) level instead of at an angle.

Mine sits wonky in my garage (floor isn't as level as the builder will admit), but then is totally level at my office, where the floor is actually level.

Your measurements are pretty widely gaped from corner to corner, so you may just need a re-calibration - but in the mean time, you could try going from low to very high to low to very high to standard - that will let the car review it's extremes from both ends of the height spectrum, and has helped me re-level my car a couple times.