Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does referral 1000 miles have a time limit to use ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks I thought I had unlimited time to use my supercharger miles up but someone said it’s only 6 months.
I done a self referral so got 2000 miles free supercharging does this extend to 12 months or still 6 months.
Can anyone confirm if the above is true.

Hi folks I thought I had unlimited time to use my supercharger miles up but someone said it’s only 6 months.
I done a self referral so got 2000 miles free supercharging does this extend to 12 months or still 6 months.
Can anyone confirm if the above is true.

It’s six months per referral, so a self referral should give you 12.

There’s a maximum of 36 months, but each new one extends the maximum.

Afaik, an additional referral doesn't add another 6 months to the limit. It resets the 6 months, restarting them from the latest referral.

So, if you get a referral when you have 3 months left, it would be reset to 6 months, not extended to 9.

I may be wrong, but those is what I have gathered from reading other posts and articles from around the net.

I may be wrong, but those is what I have gathered from reading other posts and articles from around the net.

Best place to check is the Tesla website...

Each additional referral will extend the previous expiration date by 6 months up to 36 months. If all mileage on an account is used before expiration, expiration date for the next referral is reset to 6 months.

Reactions: ben_c
C56BBE4E-02A8-427A-86F3-D537FA8F0BBD.jpeg
I’m not sure what’s difficult about this. The rules are clearly written in the loot box.

• Informative
Reactions: KennethS
What’s annoying is in the loot box there’s no mention of a time limit it just states your miles remaining.
I think this is pretty poor to be honest .why such a tight deadline.it should be 12 months at least.

So my 5000 mile referral from June 2019 went away around the beginning of the year (6 months). Today I checked my loot box and slit again shows 2700 miles remaining. Anyone else?

Yup I collected my car June 2019 and still have 3200 miles left in my loot box. In fact my last supercharge was last week. Regardless of T&Cs I think they are a bit more relaxed about the limit. Having said that I do have a confirmed referral from January although hasn’t been delivered yet?

Could be worse, NI doesn't have ANY SC's yet.

Still it sounds like they are being generous with the SC miles use-by dates.

The more these rings get resolved the better in anticipation of me getting Tesla LOL.