Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Do I Unlock Buyer Referral Credits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery of a new MYLR on Saturday, and I did use a valid referral link thanks to the SA. But I haven’t figured out how I get access “Get 6 months of free Supercharging when you order a new Model 3/Y with a valid referral link?” Anyone here know? I thought the SA also said I’d get 3 months free FSD, but I’d be happy with the free supercharger use.

[edit: this is my first Tesla product]

Last edited:
Have you owned a Tesla product at any point in your past? I am thinking the answer is "yes" and if that is true, you dont get "referral" you are in the owner loyalty program:

=============================

Note: To earn buyer benefits, you must purchase a qualifying Tesla product with a referral and have never owned a qualifying Tesla product in the past. To earn referral credits, you must own a qualifying Tesla product.

If an existing customer attempts to order through a referral link (whether their own or a friend’s), they will not qualify for the referral benefits for buyers, nor will the referrer qualify for referral credits, because the buyer is already part of the Tesla community. Instead, the customer automatically earns loyalty benefits associated with the purchased product.

Have you owned a Tesla product at any point in your past? I am thinking the answer is "yes" and if that is true, you dont get "referral" you are in the owner loyalty program:

Note: To earn buyer benefits, you must purchase a qualifying Tesla product with a referral and have never owned a qualifying Tesla product in the past. To earn referral credits, you must own a qualifying Tesla product.

If an existing customer attempts to order through a referral link (whether their own or a friend’s), they will not qualify for the referral benefits for buyers, nor will the referrer qualify for referral credits, because the buyer is already part of the Tesla community. Instead, the customer automatically earns loyalty benefits associated with the purchased product.

Not in my case, edited OP.

I just picked up my MYP Friday and the person who referred me received their 10,000 credits immediately when I accepted delivery. The car I ordered came with the FSD for 3 months and I received the $250 off and this is all seen the car specs and my financial sheet....My referral link only had the 3 months FSD/250$ off on it. I see the new ads saying referrals get free supercharger use for a time but I dont see the FSD/250$ off so I dont think you get both....did the person who referred you get their 10k credits?

Reactions: Midpack
It usually takes about a week or so of driving for the car to figure out your driving habits. The the FSD option appears on the menu sometime after a week. At least that's how mine worked. If you used an older referral code with the $250 off and 3 months FSD, that's what they give you, even though the new offers of 6 months free Supercharging probably came out the same time you used the older code.

Telsa, unfortunately, won't let you switch it out after delivery. Since I have charging at home and free charging at work, I'd rather get the $250 off than the 6 months free Supercharger since I won't probably even use the Supercharger.

Reactions: Midpack
I took delivery of a MYLR Saturday. I used the Supercharger today, free of charge. The SA said it was available Saturday if I needed it.

Go into the Tesla app, open your profile, and click on charging. It should state that you have six months of free supercharging.

I took delivery of a MYLR Saturday. I used the Supercharger today, free of charge. The SA said it was available Saturday if I needed it.

Go into the Tesla app, open your profile, and click on charging. It should state that you have six months of free supercharging.
You’re right, thanks. Hadn't found that on my own…

Today was my first supercharger experience. I knew where the only one within 75 miles of me was, but I still pulled the chargers up on the map screen. I clicked on the nearest one and it navigated to it for me, about 5 miles away.

After I started charging, I got a message on the screen that I should "navigate" to the charger next time and it would condition the battery to accept a faster/better charge. I thought I had. Maybe I was just too close to give it time to condition. The message indicated that the battery was too cold to accept the quickest charge. It is a quite cool and blustery day today, about 60F. Took about 30 minutes to go from 38% to 85%.