Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Tesla remember error codes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an intermittent error that has shown up on my display a few times, but I am a newbie and afraid to take my eyes off the road long enough to read the message – much less write it down or take a picture of it. The message is in small print and it has something to do with a camera on the left side. I have a service truck scheduled soon for another issue and I want to have them address this issue as well.

Is there any way to interrogate the Model Y memory and retrieve the error codes? Can the service truck personnel do it? Is the error history even stored? Error history was stored in my last non-Tesla car, but only mechanics could access it.

You
I have an intermittent error that has shown up on my display a few times, but I am a newbie and afraid to take my eyes off the road long enough to read the message – much less write it down or take a picture of it. The message is in small print and it has something to do with a camera on the left side. I have a service truck scheduled soon for another issue and I want to have them address this issue as well.

Is there any way to interrogate the Model Y memory and retrieve the error codes? Can the service truck personnel do it? Is the error history even stored? Error history was stored in my last non-Tesla car, but only mechanics could access it.
probably know by now… sounds like the error was just a notification saying the pillar camera was blocked. It happens whenever there’s very low light and the camera doesn’t “see” anything, like on highways at night.