Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Model Y come with a Corded Mobile Connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned.

I take delivery of my MYP in a few weeks and would like to know if it comes with a Corded Mobile Connector. I plan to have an Electrician install a breaker to support a NEMA 14-50 plug in my garage.

Wondering if the Model Y comes with this plug or if I should buy it right now from Tesla's site.

Corded Mobile Connector

Also, anyone in the Bay Area know a good Electrician that can do this work?

Thank you!

I went to a Tesla-recommended electrician who quoted me $1200 to install a 240V plug. For reference, I live in a condo, the plug would be about 2-4 feet to the left of the circuit breaker panel, which is currently full and will prolly have to go tandem. I'm going to shop around with some local electricians to see if I can find a lower quote.

I went to a Tesla-recommended electrician who quoted me $1200 to install a 240V plug. For reference, I live in a condo, the plug would be about 2-4 feet to the left of the circuit breaker panel, which is currently full and will prolly have to go tandem. I'm going to shop around with some local electricians to see if I can find a lower quote.
I got that done for around $250. Definitely overcharging (no pun intended) :) 30A/50A 240V duplex breaker on the dryer circuit.

• Funny
Reactions: Punjabi510

That's why I installed myself costed me $40 in parts. I reused 50A Range breaker that I don't use and 6/2 cable with NEMA 6-50R socket. Very simple job. All working good with 1 hr of my time.

So, that will allow me to use my existing Clipper Creek unit? Does the one that comes with the car look like what Amazon is selling?

BTW - it's a 40A unit plugged into a 14-50 NEMA outlet. I know I could just use the mobile cable with a NEMA adaptor, but want to leave that one in the car....

Yes, exactly the same j1772 adapter you linked in the amazon account. That adapter, the mobile connector, and the 5-15 adapter come in the charge back of the car. Anything else you would want you have to buy separate.

Thank you, everyone for your valuable insight!

Just joined yesterday and I am loving this community already.

Huge thumbs up.

Btw: I will be trading in my 2008 BMW 550i for the MYP. This thing has been a burden on me for the last 12 years. Time to finally kiss goodbye to ICE vehicles.
bmw550i_right_sideview.jpg