Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the Tesla Nav system support POI files ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like the one posted in POI Files for United States & Elsewhere | POI Factory
I use a lot of those in my Garmin, and I would like to use the built in Nav system instead.

And do you know if anyone has created a POI file for hotels with chargers ?

jp

You can't edit the car maps, other than to manually add, one at a time, work, home, and favorites addresses

No waypoint or travelling salesman problem support either.

Basically the nav system is functionally inferior to what Garmin was selling almost 20 years ago.

Pretty screen though!

No

But since it uses Google for lookup, it will find just about anything. I once gave it an event name and it knew where to go.

There seems to be no solutions for hotels with charging. But just look at PlugShare. Not too difficult to guess which locations are at/near hotels.

Reactions: JBT66
No

But since it uses Google for lookup, it will find just about anything. I once gave it an event name and it knew where to go.

There seems to be no solutions for hotels with charging. But just look at PlugShare. Not too difficult to guess which locations are at/near hotels.

FWIW Tesla is adding 3rd party chargers to the maps now in Europe, though that might be in part because they're putting CCS ports on em now...

You can't edit the car maps, other than to manually add, one at a time, work, home, and favorites addresses

No waypoint or travelling salesman problem support either.

Basically the nav system is functionally inferior to what Garmin was selling almost 20 years ago.

Pretty screen though!
Yeah, but thank god my Tesla has never said the word "Re-routing" to me.