Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the vertical screen Model S have carwash mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know what "car wash mode" is or why you'd need it.

If you are too lazy to wash your car yourself just pull up and put the thing in neutral that's all you need to do. The mirrors can stay out or fold.if you want but they are just fine to stay open.

Does the vertical screen Model S have carwash mode? If not, what are some tips for using an automatic car wash so the charge port doesn't open etc.
When I received my 2020 Model S, there was a car wash mode. Sometime later after a software update, the car wash mode was removed. There was nothing about this feature deletion in the software release notes. (I spent 10-12 minutes at a car wash looking for it and looking foolish.)

It is only enabled in 2021+ Model S. I wash the exterior of my car through a brushes but quality maintained car wash. My BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and Audi all have sold for top dollar at 4 - 8 years old when using the auto car wash. There is no damage that a good hand waxing won't fix prior to sell.

Does the vertical screen Model S have carwash mode? If not, what are some tips for using an automatic car wash so the charge port doesn't open etc.
I have a 2020 MSLR and there is no car wash mode on it. The 2023 Plaid loaner I had for a week had the mode on it. I think someone else already said this, but I just turn off sentry mode and start washing (myself- I also do not believe in automatic car washes). It's so much more satisfying washing your own car with a wash mit and a blower. I have zero swirl marks on black paint.