Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't see power flow in Tesla app after solar and pw installed... tried signing in/out app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been 8 days and no update from tier 2 support. Super frustrating.
I wouldn't even hope to hear back. I called in regarding this the day after they installed. The two reps I talked to stated they will escalate to tier 2. This was Sept 3rd. I still haven't heard back from any of them nor do I still have app access. I am in the final phase of PTO, so I'm guessing next week. Lets see how many hoops I have to jump through to get access....

I wouldn't even hope to hear back. I called in regarding this the day after they installed. The two reps I talked to stated they will escalate to tier 2. This was Sept 3rd. I still haven't heard back from any of them nor do I still have app access. I am in the final phase of PTO, so I'm guessing next week. Lets see how many hoops I have to jump through to get access....

Have you paid for the system yet?

It’s been 8 days and no update from tier 2 support. Super frustrating.
Welcome to the club of abysmal Tesla post-sales support! I am a fellow sufferer.

And I suffered from the same condition that you have - no energy metering. Either:

1. Your metering was installed correctly and everything is working fine, but Tesla hasn't provisioned your user access such that this information appears in the app, hence everything showing 0kW.
2. Your metering wasn't installed correctly to begin with, hence everything showing 0kW.
3. Your metering was installed correctly but has already since failed for some reason, hence everything showing 0kW.

Fruitcake

Welcome to the club of abysmal Tesla post-sales support! I am a fellow sufferer.

And I suffered from the same condition that you have - no energy metering. Either:

1. Your metering was installed correctly and everything is working fine, but Tesla hasn't provisioned your user access such that this information appears in the app, hence everything showing 0kW.
2. Your metering wasn't installed correctly to begin with, hence everything showing 0kW.
3. Your metering was installed correctly but has already since failed for some reason, hence everything showing 0kW.

Fruitcake

I see the energy flow when I log into the gateway's wifi, but nothing in the app (just my car)

Update. I got semi-PTO from SCE. So I called activations and told them about it, but they weren't able to get in contact with the interconnection team to look into Powerclerk. I asked the wonderful agent to see if she can do something about my app access because I have the Powerwall + and I'm already on self-consumption mode. She, finally after calling in 3 different times to talk to 3 different reps, agreed with me and dug into my account. She found a mismatched serial number on one of the equipment and corrected it. Logged out and logged back in and viola, the app has live data.

Summarize, you'll need to keep calling them and tell them that you have a Powerwall + and that you should have app access because the system is live since installation and self configured for self-consumption. Hopefully you get an agent that is smart enough to be reading news memo and to agree to look into your account to make sure everything matches.

Best of luck to everyone.

Update. I got semi-PTO from SCE. So I called activations and told them about it, but they weren't able to get in contact with the interconnection team to look into Powerclerk. I asked the wonderful agent to see if she can do something about my app access because I have the Powerwall + and I'm already on self-consumption mode. She, finally after calling in 3 different times to talk to 3 different reps, agreed with me and dug into my account. She found a mismatched serial number on one of the equipment and corrected it. Logged out and logged back in and viola, the app has live data.

Summarize, you'll need to keep calling them and tell them that you have a Powerwall + and that you should have app access because the system is live since installation and self configured for self-consumption. Hopefully you get an agent that is smart enough to be reading news memo and to agree to look into your account to make sure everything matches.

Best of luck to everyone.
That's great to hear! Which number did you call?

Update!!!

I see the energy flow in my app now :). I called technical support and I got lucky--I explained the issue like @secprotocol described in the last post and the rep knew exactly what the issue was and fixed it while I was on the phone. It's awesome!!!
Seems like more reps are more knowledgeable about their own Tesla Inverter. Ironic isn't it.

But that's great to hear, sorry I didn't respond earlier with the number, but it was just a regular tesla solar number. Now I'm waiting for my power company to actually send me the notification that PTO was granted rather than their email saying I was through their support channel.

Can someone help me? I had my system turned on since 10/7/21 and have PTO. I can only see my car in the Tesla app and no “My Home”.

I have a 8kw system and no power wall. I have called numerous times and supposedly have a tier 2 ticket opened. But no update at all. Every time I called they said “oh you need an account merge” same ordeal every time.

Please help…The reps seem clueless