Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door gap specification

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a door gap specification for Teslas? Have one that is poping out and misaligned 2-3mm and it's bothering me. Also little plastic bit by mirror is lifting a little, also irritating. Chance these are covered by warranty?

Attachments

• 20191012_170255.jpg
    20191012_170255.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 387
  • 20191012_170036.jpg
    20191012_170036.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 304
Is there a door gap specification for Teslas? Have one that is poping out and misaligned 2-3mm and it's bothering me. Also little plastic bit by mirror is lifting a little, also irritating. Chance these are covered by warranty?
Had the same thing on both sides with the triangler piece sticking out, had to have a windshield replace so the service center in Phoenix and I live in Albuquerque 420 miles, no tesla in New Mexico but hopefully soon, all of my issues were upon delivery stuff the fixed the issue, more than likely used some epoxy to glue it back, no issue since

I'd say we match pretty close. It doesn't bother me to be honest, and I'm super anal retentive about this stuff. My crooked tail light pisses me off more, as does the touchup paint the factory put on my bumper in the top left corner. I just noticed that my door handle on the passenger side has a chip. Tesla QC at it's best.

But everytime I floor it, I stop thinking about all these tiny issues.
IMG_9259.jpg

Reactions: Jarvisd1015
I'd say we match pretty close. It doesn't bother me to be honest, and I'm super anal retentive about this stuff. My crooked tail light pisses me off more, as does the touchup paint the factory put on my bumper in the top left corner. I just noticed that my door handle on the passenger side has a chip. Tesla QC at it's best.

But everytime I floor it, I stop thinking about all these tiny issues.View attachment 467223
Just going from pictures mine seems a bit worse, it's also sagging about 2mm bUT yours is definitely off a little too. If it's within some sort of tolerance that is fine. I'm OK spending 50$ for a quick adjustment from a good bodyshop. I usually keep new cars about 10 years but want to keep this one for 20+. When I floored it once the seatback broke and fell off, getting tired off all the issues with the car. I really like my 3 but repairs should be done with competence and quickly.

Just an update, have an appointment for Wednesday for all 3 issues. I was going to wait but it's still hot in TX. Was monitoring the temperature all afternoon and it seems like cabin overheat came on at 115f and not 105, a few screen shots taken throughout the day to help figure out the problem. Hope it's just a software bug. Will post follow up pictures next week if Tesla will do anything.

"Our car needs to be designed and built with such accuracy and precision that, if an owner measures dimensions, panel gaps, and flushness, and their measurements don't match the Model 3 specs, it just means that their measuring tape is wrong."
Elon Musk

:p

I was wondering if someone else on this thread remembered that line of pure B.S. to Gail during the plant tour interview.