Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle not presenting on touch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2015 70D's driver's handle doesn't pop out on touch. Works fine on unlock/passive entry, but nothing happens even if you give it a quite firm push - pops out fine if you touch the rear handle though.

I'm out of warranty and happy to do DIY fixes, if I can find out exactly what needs replacing. Has anyone fixed this issue previously? I've read some comments suggesting it may be the pressure sensor, but no confirmation or suggestions on where to obtain one.

I've seen you can get handle repair kits on eBay but from what I can see, the parts contained are unlikely to solve my problem.

My 2015 70D's driver's handle doesn't pop out on touch. Works fine on unlock/passive entry, but nothing happens even if you give it a quite firm push - pops out fine if you touch the rear handle though.

I'm out of warranty and happy to do DIY fixes, if I can find out exactly what needs replacing. Has anyone fixed this issue previously? I've read some comments suggesting it may be the pressure sensor, but no confirmation or suggestions on where to obtain one.

I've seen you can get handle repair kits on eBay but from what I can see, the parts contained are unlikely to solve my problem.

Big change pressure sensor is dead, sensor isn't sold as a spare part also in the old days so the official way is to upgrade to gen2.1 retrofit handle.

Sometimes they can be repaired but for that you need to open the handle and inspect it for a broken wire or try finding a used door handle one from eBay and use it as donor