Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Handles, 2 different styles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are similar in function to those on many different models of Aston Martin cars.

They aren't really to my taste, but given their mechanical design I can see why Tesla would like to use them instead of the more complex handles found on a Model S / X.

I just hope that the door handles aren't in any shape, form or fashion connected to an electric power supply. In all fairness, I don't need an electric trunklid pull-down either, but neither would cause me to stop waiting and buy a 330e to avoid the wait.

I like the looks of the "hockey-stick" style handle, and it seems to be just right. I always open the left door of my car with my left hand and the right door with my right hand. It allows more room to clear my body when opening.

Now, if I had an early 60's Lincoln Continental and was getting in using the back door, I would do it exactly opposite for the same reason.

I just hope that the door handles aren't in any shape, form or fashion connected to an electric power supply. In all fairness, I don't need an electric trunklid pull-down either, but neither would cause me to stop waiting and buy a 330e to avoid the wait.

I like the looks of the "hockey-stick" style handle, and it seems to be just right. I always open the left door of my car with my left hand and the right door with my right hand. It allows more room to clear my body when opening.

Now, if I had an early 60's Lincoln Continental and was getting in using the back door, I would do it exactly opposite for the same reason.
It's going to be the manual hockey stick version

I'm sure y'all have seen this by now.

giphy-2-gif.170058

Passenger's side is for righties. Driver's side is for lefties. That is if you push with your thumb and pull using your fingers.
There is absolutely no way the door will open this way. Both employees are putting their hands in the cracks of the door to open them. They were obviously told how to do this.

Everyone - Pencils were up. As a matter of fact...they were WAYYYY up. They only recently went down.

There is absolutely no way the door will open this way. Both employees are putting their hands in the cracks of the door to open them. They were obviously told how to do this.

Everyone - Pencils were up. As a matter of fact...they were WAYYYY up. They only recently went down.
Those were prototypes. They were probably told to open the doors that way because the handles weren't to production level strength. How embarrassing would it be if one broke during the reveal test drives?