Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door strikers are not adjustable on 2020 model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

No42

Jun 25, 2018
WA
Anybody knows how to adjust the door on 2020 MY Tesla model3 ?
My left door is slightly misaligned when closed, it needs to go in a little bit more.
On my previous 2019 Tesla model 3 the striker was adjustable like in this video below.

On 2020 models the strikers are not adjustable any more!

20191215_005355.jpg

Anybody knows how to adjust the door on 2020 MY Tesla model3 ?
My left door is slightly misaligned when closed, it needs to go in a little bit more.
On my previous 2019 Tesla model 3 the striker was adjustable like in this video below.

On 2020 models the strikers are not adjustable any more!

View attachment 489135
Absolutely not true. They may not have the range of adjustment, or may be more difficult to adjust, but they certainly are adjustable. Remove torx bolts and they can be moved.

Mine were adjusted by mobile service while I watched.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
Absolutely not true. They may not have the range of adjustment, or may be more difficult to adjust, but they certainly are adjustable. Remove torx bolts and they can be moved).

Mine were adjusted by mobile service while I watched.

That is great it worked for you.
On my car the striker bolts are fixed. If I remove torx screws I see the threads are fixed to the car and not movable. (Tried on both driver's door and passengers door).

Must be one off problem than.

On my car the striker bolts are fixed. If I remove torx screws I see the threads are fixed to the car and not movable. (Tried on both driver's door and passengers door).

Hmmm... my rear doors were adjusted. Didn't check the fronts as they were fine. Maybe that is the difference.

I adjusted the strikers on the rear doors of my 2020, loosened them and hit them with a rubber hammer. If you take the striker off it bolts a piece of metal behind the doorjam and that what you are tweaking
Yes, exactly, and that piece of metal seems to be weld in to the car. I couldn't move it even after hammering :(

Ok you gotta post some pics here. What your saying is not making sense. The threads should be on the torx bolts, that’s how bolts work. Pics are like worth more than words or something like that. Not trying to be a smart donkey.

These bolts are not movable on my car. Checked on 3 out of 4 doors.

View attachment 489504

the bolts themselves aren’t movable...it’s the striker plate that moves and then the bolts hold it in place. Post of pic of the strikers...the holes in the striker should be bored out bigger than the bolts...leaving room to move the strikers around. Don’t mean to sound rude, but looks to me like maybe you should leave the adjustment to tesla techs.

Reactions: GOVA and Adam3
the bolts themselves aren’t movable...it’s the striker plate that moves and then the bolts hold it in place. Post of pic of the strikers...the holes in the striker should be bored out bigger than the bolts...leaving room to move the strikers around. Don’t mean to sound rude, but looks to me like maybe you should leave the adjustment to tesla techs.

I just adjusted my Model X Raven.

Usually the bolts are threaded into a plate and that plate slides around when all bolts are loose.

My Model X was very hard to adjust because the plate was fused to the body. I had to whack it pretty hard to break it loose. Might have been paint or something.

Reactions: 03DSG
the bolts themselves aren’t movable...it’s the striker plate that moves and then the bolts hold it in place. Post of pic of the strikers...the holes in the striker should be bored out bigger than the bolts...leaving room to move the strikers around. Don’t mean to sound rude, but looks to me like may
be you should leave the adjustment to tesla techs.
The striker holes are exactly the size of the bolt, so no much room to adjust. I guess threading a bigger hole a on striker could be a workaround solution.
Otherwise, the bolts in the pic supposed to be movable, and they were on my 2019 Model 3 as I have adjusted them. I have tired to wiggle them bit now, seems they are somehow attached to the body. I guess it is a defect on my car:(

• Funny
Reactions: untilcomplete
I just adjusted my Model X Raven.

Usually the bolts are threaded into a plate and that plate slides around when all bolts are loose.

My Model X was very hard to adjust because the plate was fused to the body. I had to whack it pretty hard to break it loose. Might have been paint or something.

The striker holes are exactly the size of the bolt, so no much room to adjust. I guess threading a bigger hole a on striker could be a workaround solution.
Otherwise, the bolts in the pic supposed to be movable, and they were on my 2019 Model 3 as I have adjusted them. I have tired to wiggle them bit now, seems they are somehow attached to the body. I guess it is a defect on my car:(

Maybe it’s as mswlogo says than...and your plates are fused to the body. did you try giving it a hard wack?

Reactions: Adam3 and mswlogo
If the striker is fixed you should still be able to take the door panels off and adjust the latch from the inside.

Interesting. My back door has the slightest misalignment. I probably wouldn’t have even noticed except there was so much noise about panel gaps that I had a more discerning eye than normal.

Anyways the mobile tech tried to adjust the striker on my 2020 Model and there was no change. He tried a couple times and said it must already be in all the way. He said there is no other method to fix and I would need a whole new door if I wanted to press the issue.

Was your latch adjusted?