TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Door window glass scratches

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Wantap85, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Wantap85

Wantap85 Member

I noticed my windows are getting some small vertical scratches in them on the outside. Anyone else having that issue or know if there has been a factory issue with something in the door scratching the outside of the windows?

2. Alysashley79

Alysashley79 Member

I had this happen on my drivers window. It's not a factory fault but dirt getting into the trim piece. If you point it out to SC they'll replace for you (they did for me) and now when my cars especially dusty or dirty from snow mix I use my air compressor hose and blow the dirt away from the windows.

3. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

#3 scaesare, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    The exact same thing has happened to me. Road sand during last winter and a couple of grains got lodged in to the trim piece.

My service center looked at it, but no offers to replace under warranty :(

4. NielsChr

NielsChr Member

I have seen this as well.

It seems that the rubber does not seal tight to the window - there is a missing 1-2 mm.. as other have pointed out , this leads to small dust and other stuff are fetched by the "velour like" stuf just below the rubber. - sad to say.

Tesla could easy fix this, they just have to make the rubber go all the way tight to the window - I haven't checked if this have been fixed on the latest cars.

5. rekoh

rekoh Member

yup.. mine is scratched... wintery mix splashed on it, then opened the window.

6. brkaus

brkaus Member

My window is also scratched same way - on both my Acura and BMW.

7. cdf3

cdf3 Member

Yes, I have a few small scratches and one long one.