Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you like Carl's mods?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with the middle package. Big difference is the max package requires them to drop the battery pack to insulate behind the cockpit in between the battery. Lots of labor. I notice a big difference with mine, but if I had the money, I would probably have gone with the max package. The car will never be quiet. Wouldn't be a sports car eif it were. But it will be LOT quieter than if it didn't have the insulation.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply!

I look forward to catching you out on the road!

Carl is the man and that looks good for double din! Car looks amazing too.

Anyone lucky enough to live within 200 miles of Seattle should head by there. You will not regret getting to know Carl and letting him take care of your baby.

As for my stereo - I took a completely different approach.

I work 12+ hours/day on a computer and I (in all my cars) turn off the screen (unless I need backup or nav on rare occasions).

I found an innovative deck that Carl did that I hope gives us all one more option.

It is a single din with a popout phone holder/usb. When you connect your phone it loads Android Auto, backup camera, etc. So your phone becomes the "screen" for the head unit using a custom app (not screen sharing).

I too did multichannel sub amp, 500 w main amp, new speakers, sub, etc.

The backup is wireless with night vision right to my phone screen (reviews were good).

Anyway - thank you for sharing the pictures and for watching over my baby too while it was in the shop.

The pictures of the paint were amazing Carl posted on Facebook (he did polish / ceramic 5 year coating).
Matteni - your set up sounds really interesting, and i am thinking about upgrading my stereo.

Do you have any pics and/or more details of the head unit? Are you still liking it?