Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Downgrade SR+ and get $2000 back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone successfully downgraded their SR+ to an SR?

I emailed and they replied that they can submit the request to get the process started...but I’m honestly afraid of getting downgraded and not getting a refund.

Or what the SR officially comes with.

Currently, to my knowledge there are no actual SR cars (software or otherwise). SR cars are SR+ cars with SR pricing.

I know this is *sugar* ty to hear but that is the info I have unless it has changed.

Not yet. A few possible in progress but nobody confirmed.
Males sense...hoping they get more information and provide updates.
Currently, to my knowledge there are no actual SR cars (software or otherwise). SR cars are SR+ cars with SR pricing.

I know this is *sugar* ty to hear but that is the info I have unless it has changed.
i know...I have the SR+...but I’d gladly take a $2K refund if all they do is disable my fog lights and remove 10% range.

My issue is I’d hate for them to software downgrade my car to an SR and not get a refund (since no one at Tesla appears to know what’s going on).

• Love
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Males sense...hoping they get more information and provide updates.
i know...I have the SR+...but I’d gladly take a $2K refund if all they do is disable my fog lights and remove 10% range.

My issue is I’d hate for them to software downgrade my car to an SR and not get a refund (since no one at Tesla appears to know what’s going on).

What Tesla needs to make sure is they disable heated seats and decrease 10% battery and make it 5.6 sec car.
Because those are the reasons I decided to spent $2500 extra after confirming at the Tesla store.
If SR cars get all of those after "disable", I want my money back also because what our have is a SR.

• Funny
Reactions: hckyplyr
After reading a lot of the model differences in the last week I think I will have to order an SR in the next week instead of an SR+ in a month like I was planning.
Seems logical they will stop taking orders for the SR pretty soon, like perhaps May 1st along with an FSD cost increase perhaps?
I kind of want AP but the savings are significant and if you can't even use blinker to change lanes it's not worth the extra I am thinking now.

Bro so annoying, I only bought SR+ because I didnt want mechanical cloth seats.

I have applied for the refund and hopefully I get it.

I would gladly take FSD instead of the refund. That could be a nice perk for all SR+ buyers.
Can you post an update once you hear back? I want confirmation of how the refund process works and what features are taken away.

Is 1500 worth 20 extra miles in range, heated seats and fog lights and fake immersive sound? Not sure. I'm debating if I should downgrade. I do think the extra range will be nice on long trips. Save about 10 minutes everyday you take a long trip. Which if you say 10x a year, x8 year = 800 minutes which is about 13 hours. Which is an extra shift or two of work. I guess it's worth it in that case because you also get heated seats and fog lights. Heated seats add range in the winter as oppseop to using HVAC. Also, when you're on a long teip, even 10 less minutes on the road, supercharging will help.

Also remember that those extra 20 miles would only apply if you're charging your SR+ to full, or go on a long road trip, which I don't do. I charge mine to 90% for battery health and get just under 220. Being able to safely charge the SR all the time to 100% without hurting the battery would net me the same range.

Just stumbled on this thread. It’s amazing how many threads there are on this forum dedicated to people who got exactly what they paid for...and yet want more free stuff from a company struggling to survive.

This may not be a unique to Tesla clients but it seems to be pervasive here.

And yeah, shame on them for encouraging this stuff too.
SR owners got free stuff.
SR+ owners paid for their free stuff.

Is 1500 worth 20 extra miles in range, heated seats and fog lights and fake immersive sound? Not sure. I'm debating if I should downgrade. I do think the extra range will be nice on long trips. Save about 10 minutes everyday you take a long trip. Which if you say 10x a year, x8 year = 800 minutes which is about 13 hours. Which is an extra shift or two of work. I guess it's worth it in that case because you also get heated seats and fog lights. Heated seats add range in the winter as oppseop to using HVAC. Also, when you're on a long teip, even 10 less minutes on the road, supercharging will help.
Wondering how do you save 10 minutes with the extra 20mi?

Wondering how do you save 10 minutes with the extra 20mi?
I think he is referring to charging time.
If you have 220mile car you will be stopping more frequently during a long trip and spend few more minutes overall.
For example, if you travel 440miles, if you have SR+ you can charge for 1 hour halfway your trip.
However, with a SR, you will have to make an extra stop and charge for 10 minutes to make it to the destination.

I think he is referring to charging time.
If you have 220mile car you will be stopping more frequently during a long trip and spend few more minutes overall.
For example, if you travel 440miles, if you have SR+ you can charge for 1 hour halfway your trip.
However, with a SR, you will have to make an extra stop and charge for 10 minutes to make it to the destination.
Oh. However it's often not exactly 440mi. For example if the trip is 340mi, no Model 3 has an advantage over others in required charging stops. (Except that LR charges faster)
A quick math shows that if the trip is anywhere between 0 - 500mi, SR+ saves 0.12 stops over SR on average, and LR RWD saves 0.21 stops over SR+, provided there are enough superchargers along the way. The last point is not often true tho, so I think range as an insurance for no available superchargers on route is much more important than saving a bit of time in just a few cases.

Just stumbled on this thread. It’s amazing how many threads there are on this forum dedicated to people who got exactly what they paid for...and yet want more free stuff from a company struggling to survive.

This may not be a unique to Tesla clients but it seems to be pervasive here.

And yeah, shame on them for encouraging this stuff too.

It's also amazing how many people pass judgement on others on this forum and reply on threads with comments that offer absolutely zero value. This thread is about wanting to downgrade to SR and people waiting for information on how to do that following communication from the company stating they would support the downgrade.

So thank you very much. You can keep moving on.

Last edited:
It's also amazing how many people pass judgement on others on this forum and reply on threads with comments that offer absolutely zero value. This thread is about wanting to downgrade to SR and people waiting for information on how to do that following communication from the company stating they would support the downgrade.

My thoughts exactly.

Nah...it’s like all the others that want to take advantage of a company that allows it, by giving people things that they didn’t pay for, yet feel entitled to.

If you wanted an SR you would have bought one. No, you want an SR because you think you will get an SR+ for the price of an SR.

• Disagree
Reactions: Yurand and ghsnick!