Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drag Race vs an Audi S5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So a buddy of mine has an AWD 6 speed manual Audi S5. So we decided to have a quick drag race here in Denver. I picked up my 60kWh MS a few weeks ago. We started from a dead stop and drove about 200 yards or so (around 75mph max speed). He got a quick jump on me as the traction control kicked in when I floored the accelerator. As soon as he shifted to 2nd gear, I quickly caught him and barely pulled in front. In the end, I nudged him out by about a 1/2 car length. I have had a tesla grin ever since I received my MS, but I've been giddy since our little race yesterday! :biggrin:

Nice, but....I have an 85 and haven't noticed the TC kicking in when flooring it (standard 19" tires). Surprised that the 60 is doing that. Maybe there was gravel on the roadway?

I have 19" tires also. It is very possible there was some gravel on the road as we used a "construction" dead end road next to our hospital. Kind of ironic that two neuro docs were drag racing next to a hospital!

I have 19" tires also. It is very possible there was some gravel on the road as we used a "construction" dead end road next to our hospital. Kind of ironic that two neuro docs were drag racing next to a hospital!

Great stuff! You are obviously a person who puts safety first - smart racing close to thr hospital in case you crash :)

I don't know what model Ferrari I was behind but it was a late model and he tried to pull away from me on the Highway, I not only kept on him as his duel tailpipes were spewing carbon into the air hard and heavy but had to swerve and get around him because he was too slow... :) Did I mention I love my P85?

While heading to dinner the other night with 4 people in my MS 85, non-perf, I couldn't resist taking on a 6.5 liter Dodge hemi with a lone driver, who was blasting his non-stock exhaust. No contest and when I slowed down at 60 as he pulled up he gave me the Tesla grin and a big thumbs up!