Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dragy times for Plaid and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made 3 runs best of 9.24 had a 1.49 60ft
Highest mph tonight 152. Another plaid was there running same times.

Attachments

• 20210910_205154.jpg
    20210910_205154.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 92
Finally made my very first quarter mile pass in the plaid tonight on a shitty street with 83% charge. Dragy showed 2.08 0-60 with rollout and I let off a bit too early with a 9.42 at 148. I still can't believe a stock car on a shitty street can do this. Crazy feeling.
It's amazing! Shows how truly advanced Tesla's traction management is, and how superior electric motors are to responding to changes in traction.

I made it out to Houston Raceway Park tonight and made a single run. NHRA track so got kicked out unless I agreed to sandbag, and that is not the kind of gal I am haha. I did not get all the way into Cheetah mode, but was in drag mode, so not the worst run in the world. This was on the stock 19” rims without the covers using stock PZero tires.

Attachments

• 14F7F317-0006-4A15-A9AD-187723198A4D.jpeg
    14F7F317-0006-4A15-A9AD-187723198A4D.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 91
  • EC691D82-FBDB-41BA-A4F2-735E2F076DA0.jpeg
    EC691D82-FBDB-41BA-A4F2-735E2F076DA0.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 81
I made it out to Houston Raceway Park tonight and made a single run. NHRA track so got kicked out unless I agreed to sandbag, and that is not the kind of gal I am haha. I did not get all the way into Cheetah mode, but was in drag mode, and not the worst run in the world. This was on the stock 19” rims without the covered and PZero tires.

View attachment 707857
View attachment 707858
Great run! If you don't mind, can you show the 0-60 page also?

Last edited:
Well its 3AM and I just got back in town from racing at the track in my Plaid with 19" wheels (covers on). I made 17 passes, I go into more detail tomorrow after I get some sleep but just some highlights. My best pass was my first pass at 92% SOC at ran 1.49 60ft, 1/8 mile [email protected], 1/4 mile [email protected], that was in drag mode with using launch control, but that basically useless racing cause it takes 6 seconds to "get ready". You will see after I upload the Vid, the 19" tires are screaming for at least the first 60ft if not more.

Some other fun passes where in plaid mode, with 4 grown men in the car running 9.7@147. Then making a pass with 4 people 2 of them women screaming and they wanted me to let off at the 1/8 mile so I did and still ran 10.5@100 coasting (that's faster then my 2020 Ravin ever ran under power the full track).

The car is a carnival ride at the track over 1/2 my passes where with passengers, everybody wanted a ride lol.

Last edited:
Nothing special here. Perhaps would have better if I waited a couple of seconds to get it all the way into Cheetah stance.
@Robertyu Thanks for sharing, and for "representing" those with 19s! It does appear, for all intents and purposes, that the 21s and 19s both deliver on Tesla's claim that both configurations are 1.99s to 60, and 9.2s 1/4 mile cars! Man, that Tesla traction control really can figure out what to do in different road conditions, wet/dry, and when different wheels/tires are installed. Great job with the tech, Tesla!

Did not get all the way into Cheetah? You mean you launched while the car was in the middle of lowering itself?
Tesla Plaid Channel guy did when he was caught at a Pro Tree unexpectedly and it was his worst 60 foot time — don’t do that.

1.49 is a great 60 foot time — doesn’t indicate slipping at all.

a. I did not get all the way into Cheetah mode, b

ran 1.49 60ft,

screaming for at least the first 60ft if not more.

Did not get all the way into Cheetah? You mean you launched while the car was in the middle of lowering itself?
Tesla Plaid Channel guy did when he was caught at a Pro Tree unexpectedly and it was his worst 60 foot time — don’t do that.

1.49 is a great 60 foot time — doesn’t indicate slipping at all.
full launch mode pulled up first while the guy was doing a burnout so I had time

while the guy was doing a burnout so I had time
So I wonder...

If a guy were to put some drag tires (radials or maybe even full slicks) on the rear of a Plaid, and *if* Elon were to add a burnout mode, and if a guy were to do said burnout, then put the car back into drag/launch mode... would the additional traction of a heated and sticky drag tire allow launch mode to use the additional available grip and give a guy a better time slip? Maybe we should ask Uncle Elon for a burnout mode for drag racing?

OK, so I might just be missing doing burnouts, but hey... if I can at least sorta justify it...